HiFiForum.nu
Home | Forums | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Links | Members | Articles | PM | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Private Messages
You must log in to check messages
 All Forums
 HiFiForum.nu - Mångfaldens forum
 HiFi-diskussion
 Höra skillnader? K Kessler om Intelligent Chip
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Stefaeri2001

563 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/08 :  12:48:02  Show Profile Send Stefaeri2001 a Private Message
Ken Kessler - The Intelligent Chip: Mumbo and, Indeed, Jumbo (från Stereophiles nyhetsbrev som kom idag onsdag)

Quite unbeknownst to me when I was auditioning the Golden Sound Intelligent Chip for Hi-Fi Newsin the UK, John Atkinson was launching a full frontal assault on it in the March issue of this very e-Newsletter. This was followed by equally unequivocal attacks by Jim Austin and Sam Tellig in the May and June 2005 issues of Stereophile. It would seem that the GSIC is the latest in a long line of audio caca (read: tweaks and gadgets) with spiritual links to the work of Peter Belt, Harmonix, Shun Mook, and far too many others to list here. But personal experience and support from unlikely quarters makes me loath to reject the Intelligent Chip just yet.

At the Home Entertainment 2005 Show in New York City, one of the vendors selling the GSIC asked me about it, expressing his own skepticism but admitting that he hadn't yet tried it. Knowing that I'd undergone a major anti-tweak satori so strong that I'd sworn in print that I would never again review audiophile cables, said vendor (he wishes to remain anonymous) was shocked when I didn't simply pooh-pooh the GSIC. Had not an engineer as prestigious as John Curl's prestige come out in defense of it?

My encounters with the GSIC had been simple: I'd conducted listening tests with a dozen seasoned audiophiles—civilians as well as members of the trade—and they were, to a man, able to distinguish treated from untreated discs with alarming consistency. In fact, they were the most successful listening sessions I'd ever witnessed, which is why I'm not yet ready to dismiss the GSIC as total codswallop.

Let's back up a second. I had decided that, as I can't completely escape tweaks, it would be churlish to deride ones that cost little or nothing and cause no permanent harm. The GSIC, which costs $16, satisfies the low-cost exemption, and even if it proved bogus, it couldn't inflict any permanent damage. So when I found one at the bottom of my luggage after the 2005 Consumer Electronics Show, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it—especially with access to so many willing guinea pigs.

Those guinea pigs included seasoned high-end distributors, a couple of journalists, an editor, a handful of audiophiles without trade connections, and a former audio retailer. None were told what they would be assessing, only that they had to listen to two CDs. The system included the Quad 99CDP and Marantz CD12/DA12 CD players, both used with the GSIC; a McIntosh C220 preamp and MC2102 power amp; and Wilson Audio WATT/Puppy 7 loudspeakers. All cables were Transparent Audio Ultra or Reference.

I had two copies of one Chesky release. I treated one copy and left the other untouched. I also rationed the GSIC's 10 "charges" so that I could treat a disc in the presence of each group of listeners. One volunteer, an audiophile of long standing—an Ongaku owner, no less—had brought along a CD compilation he'd produced for a charity. He had more copies at home, so he A/B'd the copy I treated with a virgin copy from his stock at home. Within 24 hours of his visit, he sent me an e-mail to express his astonishment.

Of course, once the listeners were told what I'd done, they were bemused and mildly incredulous. After all, every one of them had been through the wars—Belt, cables, tables, spikes, what have you. But they all heard the effect of the GSIC. And while not all of them thought it was an improvement, all but one felt categorically that they could hear a change each time.

This in itself was enough to motivate me to write about the GSIC for Hi-Fi News, though I didn't include my own opinions in my interpretations of the results because I'd conducted the tests and knew which disc was which. Suffice it to say that the vicious Stereophile attacks did not reinforce my confidence. But then something happened.

Given the responses of JA, the other JA, and ST, plus a reader's letter suggesting that I had "lost the plot," I invited one of the listeners—the most important one—back to my studio. That was Steve Harris, editor of HFN, whose own ears had led him to publish my findings. Steve possesses a fine pair of ears and is as cynical about tweaks as I am—a perfect candidate. So, after a couple of months, Steve returned for a rematch. Five times out of five, he identified the treated and untreated copies of the Chesky release.

He didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to believe it. John Atkinson, Jim Austin, and Sam Tellig certainly won't believe it. But I was there. I witnessed a 100% perfect score.

Make of it what you will, but I think it's still too early to write off the Golden Sound Intelligent Chip as mere audiophile drivel.

MartinN

1333 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/08 :  12:57:10  Show Profile Send MartinN a Private Message
Ha,ha,ha det är lätt att bli lurad.
Jag som trodde att människorna alltid använder
det organ som heter hjärna ....

Detta är inte ett angrepp, betyder bara att jag har mist
mitt förtroende för KK. Humbug ÄR humbug.

Martin
Go to Top of Page

MartinN

1333 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/08 :  13:03:24  Show Profile Send MartinN a Private Message
Samtidigt måste man se detta som en möjlighet
att ta perspektiv på mina egna lyssningserfarenheter.
Kanske detta bevisar att också jag hör saker som
inte existerar ....

Martin
Go to Top of Page

jolotjka
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  16:14:21  Show Profile Send jolotjka a Private Message
Finns inget test där skivan undersökts fysiskt...?
Go to Top of Page

Blue

2120 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  16:35:01  Show Profile Send Blue a Private Message
Ken Kessler är en skön snubbe.

: )

Ett kungarike för en vevgrammofon.
Go to Top of Page

mats31

319 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  18:25:45  Show Profile Send mats31 a Private Message
Varför bara 5 försök (där försökspersonen hörde(?) "rätt" 5 gånger).
Valde han fel den 6:e gången? .
Sannolikheten att gissa rätt är ju rätt liten ---ändå drygt 3 %...lite större än att slå två sexor med två tärningar samtidigt...och det händer ju om man fuskar eller har tur eller försöker en stund.

Skulle vara kul och se om de kan reproducera denna bravad. Think NOT. Varför inte 20 rätt av 20 (om det nu är så enkelt att höra skillnad??

Jajamensan, teorin bakom är rätt avancerad.

Om jag tolkar texten rätt så slipper det ut otrevligt laserljus ur en CD/DVD eller SACD genom springor och hål i höljet. Detta device har en inbyggd kvantprickslaser () som interagerar ("co-mingles") med CD-lasern så att utstålade fotoner på rymmen och fångas in i en fälla (liknat vid en kackerlacksfälla ) och därmed ser till att signal/brusförhållandet förbättras.

Den långa och fullständiga förklaringen till att det funkar här ---->

(VARNING --- lång text)

(Oj, oj vad dom måste haft roligt när dom skrev detta)

How the Intelligent Chip Works - The Definitive Explanation

Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Chip

Copyright © 2005 Geoff Kait, MACHINA DYNAMICA

Last updated May 22, 2005

The Intelligent Chip is a one inch square, bright orange plastic wafer that, when placed on top of a compact disc player for 2-3 seconds, upgrades the disc (CD, DVD or SACD) being played. The sound of the upgraded disc has more detail and articulation, more dynamics and an absence of "digital harshness." Voices are more human-sounding and less synthetic. The upgrade is permanent. Inside the white translucent case are two ultrathin clear polycarbonate sheets, one on each side of the Intelligent Chip. The manufacturer's product brochure states, "The Intelligent Chip should be put back into the packing case after using, because the packing case can protect the quantum material of the Intelligent Chip, preventing them from leaking."

The Intelligent Chip is programmed to dispense either 10 (GSIC-10) or 30 (GSIC-30) upgrades -- actually a few more as some overhead is built in. Holding the orange wafer up to the light, it almost looks like there's an electronic board inside, and perhaps a tiny battery, who knows? Could the chip be an RFID device capable of communicating with the compact disc in the player? If so, what data on the disc would be changed? -- is there some kind of control code - maybe timing information - that is capable of affecting the sound? Popping open the GSIC-10 reveals a plain green plastic sheet, in the center of which is embedded an ultrathin 0.125 inch diameter gold metal disc with an unusual "quilted" surface, like the discs in the GSIC-30 (see photo below). What in the wide, wide world of sports is-a goin' on here?!

Whither Niobium?
Inside the GSIC-30 are three 0.125 inch diameter silver discs on a green plastic sheet [see photo above]. An enterprising customer carted his GSIC-30 off to a metallurgy lab where an electron microscope identified Niobium (Nb) and Nickel (Ni) in the silvery top surfaces of the discs and Copper (Cu), Zinc (Zn) and Aluminum (Al) in the bottom surfaces. The presence of these particular (highly reflective) metals and the geometry of the disc (extremely thin and flat with a bumpy surface) are good indications that it's a quantum dot array. More than that, it's probably a special type of array called a quantum dot laser. Whereas an "ordinary" quantum dot or quantum dot array emits non-coherent light, a quantum dot laser emits coherent light (in phase).

Assuming for the time being that the Intelligent Chip is quantum in nature, as the manufacturer (JSMR Science and Technology Co.) states, can it be reverse engineered? What are the characteristics of quantum dots and what in tarnation could quantum dots possibly have to do with improving the sound of a CD? Could the tiny gold disc in the GSIC-10 and the silver discs in the GSIC-30 really contain quantum material?

Confinement, de Broglie Standing Waves and Photoluminescence
So, what exactly are quantum dots? Quantum dots are nanometer-scale crystals (metals) first developed in the 1980s for optoelectronic applications. A quantum dot comprises several hundred to many thousands of atoms of an inorganic semiconductor material such as Cadmium Selenide (CdSe) or Indium Arsenide (InAs) in which electron-hole pairs can be created and confined. The shell (container) is a different semiconductor material, such as Zinc Sulfide (ZnS) or Aluminum Gallium Arsenide (AlGaAs). Quantum dots and quantum dot arrays can comprise many different combinations of pure metals and/or metal alloys.

A semiconductor material that conducts with free electrons is called an N-type while one that conducts by virtue of electron deficiency is called a P-type. When an N-type layer is sandwiched between two P-type layers, a trap is created that attracts electrons into the N layer and prevents them from escaping. Kind of an electron Roach Motel. If the N layer is made extremely thin - around 10 nanometers (50 atomic diameters) - the size of the trap approaches a quantum mechanical transition point called the de Broglie wavelength of a room temperature electron. Beyond this transition point, electrons can no longer move as particles along the vertical axis of the trap; instead, their positions and velocities take on a probabilistic behavior - i.e., they are forced to behave as waves. This nanoscale device with confinement in one dimension is called a "quantum well" and has the useful property of radiating photons with precise wavelengths, so it can be used to produce laser beams for computers, fiber-optic networks, digital electronics, and laser pointers. Significantly (as we shall see later), the laser in a compact disc player contains a quantum well.

Moving right along, a "quantum wire" is a device produced by cutting away most of the quantum well's top surface to obtain a thin "slice" of the top P layer and the N layer; a quantum wire confines the electron-hole pairs in two dimensions. Chopping off both ends of the quantum wire produces a minuscule cube of material, a "quantum dot" that confines the electrons in all three dimensions. The trapped electrons are forced to behave as de Broglie standing waves - probability-density functions that are clouds of electric charge. The negatively-charged electrons attempt to move as far apart from each other as possible - which is how electrons behave in a real atom. The difference is there's no real nucleus in an electron-hole pair - the empty space (hole) in the middle of the electron cloud acts as the (positively-charged) nucleus of the so-called "artificial atom."

The Photonic Bomb
Quantum dots exhibit intense photoluminescence when illuminated by laser light due to strong confinement of the electron-hole pairs in all three dimensions. Quantum dots also respond to ordinary non-coherent light, such as sunlight, but to a lesser degree. The quantum dot core (metal crystal trapping the electron-hole pairs) is usually contained in a shell of semiconductor material with a higher electronic bandgap (energy state) than the core - to improve the confinement of the electron-hole pairs and increase the intensity of the photoluminescence. The wavelength of the radiated photons is a function of the diameter of the quantum dot core - the smaller the diameter, the more the spectrum shifts toward blue and away from red.

Quantum dots are fabricated into arrays to increase the longevity of the device and improve performance; Quantum Yield (see next paragraph) is increased via lateral interdot excitation and stimulated photon emission is improved using highly reflective metals in the cladding to retain the scattered photons longer inside the structure. A quantum dot must be a certain size (specific number of atoms in the core) in order to emit photons with a desired wavelength; the only way to increase the longevity of the device, holding the desired wavelength constant, is to increase the number of dots. This is why the GSIC-10 contains one disc (array) while the GSIC-30 contains three discs (arrays). Strong coherence of the emitted light in a quantum dot array is achieved by high dot density and enhanced confinement of the electron-hole pairs.

When the electron-hole pairs in the quantum dot core are excited by laser (coherent) light they radiate photons (fluoresce). Energy is transferred between absorbed laser photons and the electron-hole pairs; thermodynamic equilibrium is restored (as electron-hole pairs return to their ground states) via the emission of coherent photons in a brilliant "photonic bomb" - analogous to the radiation of neutrons in an atomic bomb. Each photon emitted by an electron-hole pair causes 2 more photons to be emitted, and so forth, in rapid succession -- literally a chain reaction of photons. The ratio of the number of radiated photons to the number of absorbed photons is called the Quantum Yield. Highly reflective metals and metal alloys used in the shell/cladding improve confinement of the electron-hole pairs and boost Quantum Yield. Many of these same (highly reflective) metals are used in the metal layer of compact discs (e.g., Gold, Aluminum, Copper, Silver, Bronze (Copper/Zinc).

Light Matter Interaction
Next, we look at coherent quantum superposition - the interaction of two coherent light sources with matter - and quantum entanglement - the comingling of two or more quantum systems to form a single quantum system with correlated properties.

Coherent quantum superposition occurs when two coherent light fields simultaneously interact strongly with matter to produce a much more optically transparent medium. Ordinary, incoherent light vibrates in random, multiple directions and phases over a wide range of frequencies. Coherent light, on the other hand, vibrates in-phase (in one direction only) and usually at a single frequency. When atoms and molecules of any material absorb light energy, they transition from ground states to excited states. And when the frequency of the coherent light matches the frequency of excitation of the atoms, it produces atomic resonance, greatly enhancing the response of the atoms. Light is strongly absorbed and emitted as the atoms fluoresce and return to their ground states.

If the atoms in the material have two lower energy states (1 and 2) to which they can drop from their excited state 3, it's possible to modify the propagation of light resonating with the 3 to 1 transition by applying a second "control" or "coupling" laser that resonates with the 3 to 2 transition. The combined effect of the two coherent light fields is to force all the atoms in the medium into a coherent quantum superposition of states 1 and 2, with a definite phase relationship between them. That means the atoms in the medium are in both states 1 and 2 at the same time (like Schrödinger's cat). In this quantum superposition of the material, the two possible pathways along which light can be absorbed for the 1 to 3 transition and the 2 to 3 transition interfere and cancel each other, so that no light is absorbed. In other words, the atomic medium becomes almost totally transparent, and with this new transparency comes better (higher) optical signal to noise ratio (SNR). Now, we're getting somewhere!

Unfortunately, standard quantum theory says coherent quantum superposition disappears as soon as one or both of the light sources is turned off, due to decoherence of the wave-function. So, unless there's some evidence that all or some quantum superposition effects are long-lasting, we're stuck and can't use quantum superposition to explain how the Intelligent Chip works.

As it turns out, recent experiments (see Ref. 7) suggest that coherent quantum superposition is not nearly as ethereal as previously thought (see the section below on the Altewischer experiment). However, even if quantum superposition turns out to be robust, this problem remains: How can the CD laser light activate the quantum material in the Intelligent Chip when the laser and the Intelligent Chip are separated by the solid barrier of the CD player chassis? In the same vein, how can the radiated light from the Intelligent Chip interact with the CD laser light and the CD inside the player? Quantum superposition longevity and how light penetrates the CD player case are discussed a few paragraphs later, but first a little about Schrödinger's Cat.

How Not to Collapse the Wave-Function
Standard quantum theory describes a quantum system as a "superposition of states" that is invariably and instantly destroyed by measurement of the system. This destruction of the quantum system is referred to as the collapse of the wave-function (of probability amplitudes) that defines the system. The system ends up in one definite state. In the case of Schrödinger's Cat the collapse of the wave-function when an observer intervenes results in the cat being found either definitely dead or definitely alive.

Schrödinger's Cat (translation of the original text): "One can even set up quite ridiculous cases. A cat is penned up in a steel chamber, along with the following diabolical device (which must be secured against direct interference by the cat): in a Geiger counter there is a tiny bit of radioactive substance, so small that perhaps in the course of one hour one of the atoms decays, but also, with equal probability, perhaps none; if it happens, the counter tube discharges and through a relay releases a hammer which shatters a small flask of hydrocyanic acid.

"If one has left this entire system to itself for an hour, one would say that the cat still lives if meanwhile no atom has decayed. The first atomic decay would have poisoned it. The Psi function for the entire system would express this by having in it the living and the dead cat (pardon the expression) mixed or smeared out in equal parts."

Quantum Entanglement
Coherent quantum superposition and quantum entanglement are two fundamental characteristics of a quantum system. Quantum superposition refers to a quantum system's existing in multiple states simultaneously -- even states that are usually considered mutually exclusive - e.g., Schrödinger's Cat being both dead and alive at the same time. Quantum entanglement refers to what happens when particles/systems become correlated - no matter how far apart they are - such that a measurement of a property of one particle instantaneously determines that property of both particles. Standard quantum theory says that this measurement of one particle collapses the wave-function of the two-particle system. But is this interpretation overly simplistic? Could the "collapse of the wave-function" apply only to the measured property of the entangled state, while the unmeasured properties remain indeterminate? For example, a measurement to determine if a particle is "spin up" or "spin down" leaves that particle and its entangled partner indeterminate as to whether their spins are oriented left or right. And, if no measurement is made of any property of either particle, does the wave-function not collapse at all?

Quantum Entanglement Robustness and the Altewischer Plasmons
Altewischer et al (see Ref. 7), Leiden University in the Netherlands, recently demonstrated that quantum entanglement between pairs of photons can survive even when one (or both) of the entangled photons is converted into a "surface plasmon," then reconverted back into a photon(s). Surface plasmons are oscillating electromagnetic fields strongly localized at the surface of a metal and are associated with the collective motion of a large number of electrons. Surface plasmons are formed on metal films perforated by an array of holes smaller than the wavelength of the photons. The plasmon tunnels through the holes to form a similar plasmon on the other side, where it eventually reverts back into a photon.

The state of a two-particle system is "entangled" when two separate single-particle wave-functions cannot be factored out of its quantum-mechanical wave-function. Altewischer's team wanted to find out what happens when entangled photons are sent through opaque metal films perforated with a periodic array of holes smaller than the wavelength of the photons. Will entangled photons survive and remain entangled? Surprisingly, the answer is yes.

First, Altewischer's team launched photons of the same energy (same wavelength) into a crystal, the properties of which caused each photon to split into two new photons, a process called down-conversion, where each down-converted photon has twice the wavelength and half the energy of the original photon. Spin and energy are conserved, so the polarization (spin) of the two down-converted photons are always opposite in direction; e.g., if one down-converted photon is measured to be linearly polarized in the vertical direction, the other photon will always be linearly polarized in the horizontal direction. It's as if the two photons are intimately connected, even when separated by great distance (non-locality).

How Light Penetrates the CD Player Case
Back to the enigmatic Mr. Chip: two coherent light sources - the quantum dot array and CD laser - combine to produce coherent quantum superposition in the CD polycarbonate's atoms and molecules that are strongly resonant to coherent infrared/red light. But how are the photons from the two light sources able to interact? The case of the CD player is much too thick for quantum tunneling to occur. So we're stuck how to explain how light from the laser reaches the Intelligent Chip to trigger photoluminescence of the quantum material. Nor can we explain how the chips's radiated photons interact with the laser light and the CD inside the chassis.

However, if the CD player chassis is viewed as a "leaky box," with many small openings through which the CD laser light can escape, then we can explain how the laser light reaches the quantum material in the chip and how the chip's emitted photons are able to reach the interior of the player.

It might come as some surprise that the compact disc player is actually not light-tight. The CD laser light escapes easily through the narrow gap around the CD drawer, unused input and output jacks and one or more holes in the bottom of the chassis. Even the seams of the case frequently have narrow gaps (paper-thin; nevertheless...) that allow light to escape. The combined area of all the gaps and holes is equivalent to a small flashlight! When the player is operating, laser light is scattered around, lighting up the inside of the player - red light for DVD and SACD players, infrared light for CD players. Light that escapes through the small holes and gaps is reflected and scattered around the room, filling the room with photons. Many escaping photons are absorbed by the room surfaces, but many surviving photons wind up striking the Intelligent Chip, causing the quantum material inside to fluoresce. This all happens virtually instantaneously since light travels 300,000 km/sec. It helps our case considerably that the tiny laser in a CD player produces a hundred million billion (10 raised to the power of 17, if you prefer) photons per second (see Ref. 8). The spinning of the disc in the player probably allows very uniform and thorough scattering of light throughout the CD, maximizing light-matter interaction effects.

Reflections in a Golden Eye
The air in the room is very transparent to light, so the problem can be simplified by bringing the room boundaries in to only a couple of inches from the surfaces of the CD player; this makes it easier to visualize how laser light escapes the inside of the player, reflects off the room boundaries and makes its way to the Intelligent Chip. The two figures below illustrate how laser light escapes the player case through a number of small openings and how the entangled laser photons and quantum dot photons interact with the CD in the player. When the quantum material in the Intelligent Chip fluoresces, the chip's radiated photons and the CD player laser's photons immediately become entangled - both outside and inside the player - producing quantum superposition in the material of the CD.

By no small coincidence, the Intelligent Chip's orange plastic container is transparent to infrared and red light. The Intelligent Chip probably loses its effectiveness due to a blue-shift in the emitted photon wavelength that results from "photobleaching" (photo-induced ionization of the some of the electron-hole pairs). This blue-shift greatly reduces the dot's ability to produce atomic resonance in the CD polycarbonate layer. Quantum dots also respond (fluoresce) to sunlight or light from an electric light bulb, though not as strongly as laser light; thus, storing the chip in its protective case helps protect it from sunlight and indoor lighting in addition to the CD laser.

Summary
The Intelligent Chip works via coherent quantum superposition and quantum entanglement, in which two coherent light sources - the CD laser and the quantum dot laser in the chip - interact strongly with the atoms and molecules in the CD's polycarbonate layer to produce long-lasting, superior transparency and better optical signal to noise ratio (SNR). Laser light escapes the player via a number of small holes and gaps in the player case. The emitted light from the quantum dot laser instantly comingles with the CD laser light in the room and inside the player.

Acknowledgements/References

1. Basics of Quantum Dots

2. Semiconductor Physics: Electrons in Artificial Atoms

3. Wired Magazine - Ultimate Alchemy

4. Interaction of Light with Matter

5. Coherent Quantum Superposition

6. How Not to Collapse the Wave-Function

7. Publications of the Information Society Technologies, ATESIT - Active Teleportation and Entangled State Technology (includes papers by E. Altewischer)

8. Quantum Dot Lasers

9. Quantum Dot Waveguide (U. Washington EE Dept.)

10. TDK Announces Improved Optical Layer for CD-Rs

11. Polycarbonate IR Filter Wavelength Region

About the Author: Geoff Kait is an Aerospace Engineer, University of Virginia (theoretical fluid dynamics, nuclear engineering, statistical thermodynamics, indeterminate structures, etc.); undergraduate thesis: design of a propulsion system for interplanetary travel utilizing atomic momentum transfer mechanisms in a metal crystal bombarded by a beam of high-energy Xenon ions. Work experience: aerodynamics; radio and satellite communications; spread spectrum communications. He incorporated Machina Dynamica in 1998. He designed Nimbus Sub-Hertz Platform, Promethean Base, Nirvana Base and Brilliant Pebbles.

Moving right along, a "quantum wire" is a device produced by cutting away most of the quantum well's top surface to obtain a thin "slice" of the top P layer and the N layer; a quantum wire confines the electron-hole pairs in two dimensions. Chopping off both ends of the quantum wire produces a minuscule cube of material, a "quantum dot" that confines the electrons in all three dimensions. The trapped electrons are forced to behave as de Broglie standing waves - probability-density functions that are clouds of electric charge. The negatively-charged electrons attempt to move as far apart from each other as possible - which is how electrons behave in a real atom. The difference is there's no real nucleus in an electron-hole pair - the empty space (hole) in the middle of the electron cloud acts as the (positively-charged) nucleus of the so-called "artificial atom."

The Photonic Bomb
Quantum dots exhibit intense photoluminescence when illuminated by laser light due to strong confinement of the electron-hole pairs in all three dimensions. Quantum dots also respond to ordinary non-coherent light, such as sunlight, but to a lesser degree. The quantum dot core (metal crystal trapping the electron-hole pairs) is usually contained in a shell of semiconductor material with a higher electronic bandgap (energy state) than the core - to improve the confinement of the electron-hole pairs and increase the intensity of the photoluminescence. The wavelength of the radiated photons is a function of the diameter of the quantum dot core - the smaller the diameter, the more the spectrum shifts toward blue and away from red.

Quantum dots are fabricated into arrays to increase the longevity of the device and improve performance; Quantum Yield (see next paragraph) is increased via lateral interdot excitation and stimulated photon emission is improved using highly reflective metals in the cladding to retain the scattered photons longer inside the structure. A quantum dot must be a certain size (specific number of atoms in the core) in order to emit photons with a desired wavelength; the only way to increase the longevity of the device, holding the desired wavelength constant, is to increase the number of dots. This is why the GSIC-10 contains one disc (array) while the GSIC-30 contains three discs (arrays). Strong coherence of the emitted light in a quantum dot array is achieved by high dot density and enhanced confinement of the electron-hole pairs.

Det börjar på H och slutar på g...

/M (fångad i kvantfällan )

PS. Frågan är om kvantprickslasern kan påverka kvant-slipstreamingen som sker i en bybee negativt...måste provlyssnas.
DS.

Edited by - mats31 on 2005/06/09 19:08:54
Go to Top of Page

MatsT
100.000-klubben

2457 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  19:25:38  Show Profile Send MatsT a Private Message
Mycket märkligt!

Jag var tvungen att kolla lite på nätet och hittade det här direkt.
http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina27.htm

De kommer säkert att tjäna pengar på produkten eftersom den kostar ganska lite att prova men det är ju rätt uppenbart att det inte kan fungera så lite undrande är man ju...
Go to Top of Page

Jax

667 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  20:26:01  Show Profile  Visit Jax's Homepage Send Jax a Private Message
Rätt märkligt hur lättlurade människor kan vara.

Ren och skär bluff som skulle vara åtalbart i Sverige.

/Janne

Rörfreak och snål smålänning i blodet.
Go to Top of Page

f95toli

4209 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  20:42:37  Show Profile Send f95toli a Private Message
Det ska erkännas: Det var det mest komplicerade "technobable" jag sett för ett tweak hittils. Det mesta är faktiskr rätt

MEN det finns tre problem, för det första gör man inte "quantum dots"
av vare sig niob, Nickel, Alumnium eller koppar och definitivt inte på plast. Man använder halvledare av något slag (som det också står i texten), i princip är det vanlig mikroelektronik och görs med kisel, eller vanligare, III-V material såsom GaAs eller GaN.

För det andra så har visserligen QD en del "kvantegenskaper" (superposition etc) men dessa dyker upp först när man kyler ned systemet, jag kan ha fel nu men så vitt jag vet bör de kylas till ungefär -270K (antagligen lägre)

För det tredje, "entanglement" (svårt att översätta, jag skrev en ansökan för ett tag sedan där jag översatte det med "kvanttillstrasling" i brist på bättre) är extremet svårt att uppnå och kräver extrem kontroll över systemets disspation, så att man skulle kunna få det i en CD-spelare är bara tt glömma.

Nåja, det var ett gott försök

Go to Top of Page

Ayn

2799 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  20:49:34  Show Profile Send Ayn a Private Message
-270K, jisses! Nästan dubbelt så kallt som man hittills trott vara möjligt alltså!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Senaste skiva som jag fastnat för: Mr Mister - Pull. PM:a mig gärna med fler tips!
Go to Top of Page

f95toli

4209 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  21:01:32  Show Profile Send f95toli a Private Message
?
Absoluta nollpunkter ligger vid -273.15 grader Celsius
så att kyla något till -270 grader C (=3 Kelvin) är inga problem.

I morse kylde jag faktiskt ett prov till minus 272.85 grader celsius och det är andå rätt varmt med mina mått mätt
Go to Top of Page

mayro
Lämnat på egen begäran

10984 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  21:02:14  Show Profile Send mayro a Private Message

rätt skoj att läsa SÅÅÅ många här har provat så dom VET att folk blir lurade....

Skönt att veta ni testat redan så slipper vi OCKSÅ bli "lurade" samt "humbuggade" som ni måste blivit då ni testade själva...

Den knepiga biten jag finner är då man säger ."så lättlurade folk är" osv då man tydligen talar om sig själv i tredjeperson...

För det kan väl inte vara så att ni inte har testat och bara sitter i gissar att det inte fungerar???
Nää. Då brukar man ju utala sig såsom tex. "det där tror inte jag på" ....eller liknande...

Sorry . Kunde bara inte hålla mig Förstår självklart hur ni som tvekar osv har era tankar. Jag är själv FRUKTANSVÄRT Skeptisk..

Men jag fick en SKIVA med elektronik i på nåt sätt... Vi provade den i stor grupp hos JohanB.. Det hördes klara skillnader....

Jag fick ta hem den.. Och även här gör den KLARA skillnader....

Så omöjliga saker???? Njaa. Inte helt övertygat nej i alla fall ifrån mig...

MVH
Tobbe

Driver Mayros hifidagis
Go to Top of Page

MatsT
100.000-klubben

2457 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  21:10:42  Show Profile Send MatsT a Private Message
quote:
The Intelligent Chip is a thin, 1-inch square orange wafer that automatically upgrades any CD/DVD/SACD disc when the Chip is placed momentarily on the top surface of the player while the disc is playing. The sound of the upgraded disc more closely resembles the sound of a remastered version, with less congestion, more information, greater dynamic range and more air. The disc upgrade is virtually instantaneous - and is permanent. The Intelligent Chip is available in two models - the GSIC-10 ($16) upgrades 10 discs; the GSIC-30 ($40) upgrades 30 discs.

Man kan kanske tänka sig någon apparat inuti CD-spelaren som fångar upp ljus och kan ge en förbättring men det är det inte fråga om här. Det här är en liten grej som man sätter på CD-spelaren 1 gång och sedan är skivan "uppgraderad" och det finns ett begränsat antal uppgraderingar inbyggt i grejen. Det torde vara ytterst svårt att hitta en förklaring till detta.
Go to Top of Page

Jonas Nilsson
Semester på egen begäran

1032 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  21:15:10  Show Profile Send Jonas Nilsson a Private Message
Men mayro, nu är du väl lite väl naiv
Var går gränsen för dig?
Är det helt ok om jag säljer speciella hi-fi strumpor? Du ska dock inte ha på dig dom när du har stereon i gång, utan lägga dom i byrålådan med hälen mot sydost, om det inte regnar, du ska dom ligga i nedersta lådan ihopknögglade. Bara 200:-
Hamnar inte bevisbördan hos mig, att faktiskt bevisa att det fungerar? Är det helt ok inom andra brancher också, som t,ex läkemedel?
/Jonas
Go to Top of Page

Baltazar

887 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  21:36:12  Show Profile Send Baltazar a Private Message
Men mayro, en viss urskiljning är väl trevligt att ha ändå?

Man behöver ju inte testa själv för att veta vad som med allra största sannolikhet händer om man blir påkörd av X2000 när det far fram i 200 knyck.

Fast har man inget bättre för sig så...

Mvh

Go to Top of Page

mats31

319 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  21:56:42  Show Profile Send mats31 a Private Message
Det är lite festligt med denna produkt, för jag blev lite trött på alla flumprodukter för några månader sedan och föreslog (här på HF) min egen SpinStream (tm), baserat på Kelda vaniljvisp och M3-muttrar, matjord, m.m för att uppnå positiva kvantspinneffekter och osannolikt välljud. Hotade till och med att skriva ett eget white paper. Vad jag tänkte göra var google-söka på "quantum" och med cut/paste bara lägga ihop texten till något som skulle se oerhört vetenskapligt ut. MEN DET ÄR JU NÄSTAN EXAXT VAD DOM HAR GJORT.

Och jag hann inte före!!!

Lovar att inte skriva något white paper, lovar att inte tjata mer om SpinStream(tm) (men j**rar vad bra det låter ), lovar och vara snäll.

Peace on earth och se upp för lågt flygande brusiga CD-fotoner...
/M
PS. Jonas: Jag har märkt att hälen mot nordost kan vara bättre vid klassisk musik.
DS.

Edited by - mats31 on 2005/06/09 22:00:01
Go to Top of Page

Jonas Nilsson
Semester på egen begäran

1032 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  22:20:15  Show Profile Send Jonas Nilsson a Private Message
mats31: Du kan få ingå i mitt "forskningsteam"
/Jonas
Go to Top of Page

krellmaster

886 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  22:39:28  Show Profile  Visit krellmaster's Homepage Send krellmaster a Private Message

Fotoner är luriga, dom kan ju störa dom stackars ljudvågorna om man spelar musik när det är ljust. Det är väl därför det låter bättre på kvällen när det är mörkt.....eller:-) Kanske dags för nån audiofil rullgardin......

nyfiken skeptiker
Go to Top of Page

mayro
Lämnat på egen begäran

10984 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  22:53:07  Show Profile Send mayro a Private Message
quote:
Sorry . Kunde bara inte hålla mig Förstår självklart hur ni som tvekar osv har era tankar. Jag är själv FRUKTANSVÄRT Skeptisk..

Men jag fick en SKIVA med elektronik i på nåt sätt... Vi provade den i stor grupp hos JohanB.. Det hördes klara skillnader....

Jag fick ta hem den.. Och även här gör den KLARA skillnader....

Så omöjliga saker???? Njaa. Inte helt övertygat nej i alla fall ifrån mig...

quatade mig själv här.. Tycker nämligen denna delen av texten tar "udden" av dom ord som skrevs INNAN ju

Och en sak kan jag direkt förtälja den som tvekar om detta, Naiv har jag ALDRIG varit i hela mitt liv...

Mycket har man varit o är. Men naiv är något som inte direkt är "passande" på mig som person.. Den ÄNDA platsen jag är naiv på är en plats jag själv bestämmt mig för att vara just naiv. Det är att ALLTID försöka tro gott om medmäniskor...

Detta för att alltid kunna ha en "öppen dörr" ÄVEN om folk begår "fel" mot en själv eller andra..

Det är den enda möjligheten man kan ha för att själv bli förlåten om man "trampar i klaveret själv".

Men som jag skrev.

Jag HAR faktiskt en skiva med nån elektronik i. Som man lägger uppepå cd skivan... Och då denna provades hos Johan björklund på träffen där var vi alla nog ense om att "saker hände"

Ingen klassning om det va bättre eller sämre. Men det hände tydliga saker utan tvekan.... Så med detta i "bagen" så blir man lite "mindre" snabb att påstå saker är bluff o båg...I alla fall jag blir det. Och jag talar endast för mig själv här nu så ingen tror annat...

Driver Mayros hifidagis
Go to Top of Page

mats31

319 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  22:57:29  Show Profile Send mats31 a Private Message
Jonas:

Aktiebolag blir det. Börsintroduktion 2006.

SORDIN AB = Snake Oil Research & Development In the Nordics AB.

Produktkatalog (till att börja med):

HIENDSOCKS - Lammullssockor med invävda ferritklumpar - dämpar rumsresonanser och högfrekventa störningar samtidigt. 3500 kr/par

Samma som ovan fast matchat par för djupare och bredare ljudbild
- 6500 SEK/par

Exklusiva högtalarkablar baserade på EKK-kabel, MEN med världsrevolutionerade unika elektromagnetiska egenskaper
eftersom plasten ersatt med inoljat torkat ormskinn.

EKK Snook Gold, 2500 kr/meter (polskimporterad snok)
EKK Viper Turbo Platinum, 18000 kr/meter (svensk fridlyst huggorm)

BRICKSoft Jitterminimizer - en unikt kryogeniskt specialbehandlad tegelsten som du lägger på din CD --- 8550 SEK (vi hade dom i kylskåpet )

$$$$
/M

Edited by - mats31 on 2005/06/09 23:06:40
Go to Top of Page

Jonas Nilsson
Semester på egen begäran

1032 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  23:09:43  Show Profile Send Jonas Nilsson a Private Message
Men mayro igen.....
Du kan väl försöka läsa inläggen eller svara på någon fråga.
quote:

Och en sak kan jag direkt förtälja den som tvekar om detta, Naiv har jag ALDRIG varit i hela mitt liv...

Mycket har man varit o är. Men naiv är något som inte direkt är "passande" på mig som person.. Den ÄNDA platsen jag är naiv på är en plats jag själv bestämmt mig för att vara just naiv. Det är att ALLTID försöka tro gott om medmäniskor...

Vill inte på något sätt göra narr eller håna dig, men du har inte missuppfattat ordet naiv?
Enligt Svenska Akademiens Ordbok: [jfr t. naiv; av fr. naïf (fem. naïve), naturlig, okonstlad, otvungen, uppriktig, (alltför) öppenhjärtig, enfaldig, lättrogen, av lat. nativus, naturlig, medfödd, ursprunglig, till natus, födelse, l. natus, p. pf., född, till nasci, födas.

I min mening: Godtrogen, lättrogen.
/Jonas
Go to Top of Page

Jonas Nilsson
Semester på egen begäran

1032 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  23:19:52  Show Profile Send Jonas Nilsson a Private Message
Sen kan vi börja med slagruta för rätt placering av elektroniken. Och bara för att dj*vlas, så är den "idealiska" placeringen av CD, förstärkare, högtalare osv, brutalt långt från varandra, så vi kan sälja ännu mer av:

quote:
Exklusiva högtalarkablar baserade på EKK-kabel, MEN med världsrevolutionerade unika elektromagnetiska egenskaper
eftersom plasten ersatt med inoljat torkat ormskinn.
EKK Snook Gold, 2500 kr/meter (polskimporterad snok)
EKK Viper Turbo Platinum, 18000 kr/meter (svensk fridlyst huggorm)

Go to Top of Page

mayro
Lämnat på egen begäran

10984 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  23:26:54  Show Profile Send mayro a Private Message
det var exakt det jag svarade .. Så lägg ner att ens skriva ord som håna ..göra narr osv... Du tycks tro jag är korkad...rätt kass inställning...

Tror du en man på 47 år inte vet vad ordet naiv betyder? jag att få avsluta mitt deltagande här på denna tråden. Eller söks det endast bråk möjligen?

Du!!! bör läsa inläggen innan svar enligt mitt tycke....

Om du INTE ser jag TYDLIGT skriver jag är tveksam!!.... Ja då vet jag inte... Mitt tveksam BETYDER att jag just ÄR tveksam.. Men inte själv VET...

Men att direkt tro en "välrenomerad" skribent skulle sätta hela sin trovärdighet på spel OM något som absolut inget gör är även det att gå för långt.....Sådant bör i alla fall provas INNAN man klassar folk såsom naiva... Puckade eller what ever....

Men eftersom jag inte vill bråka så tackar jag för mig här...

Och jag kommer INTE köpa en dylig "grej" om den så kostar tio kr att få äga.... Men OM någon skaffar så skulle jag gärna prova.

och att dra in mig med stumpor liggande åt olika håll osv..hmmm.

Det är inte ofta jag ilsknar till. Men nu gjorde jag det....

tack för mig....

Driver Mayros hifidagis
Go to Top of Page

Ayn

2799 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  23:28:50  Show Profile Send Ayn a Private Message
quote:
Absoluta nollpunkter ligger vid -273.15 grader Celsius
så att kyla något till -270 grader C (=3 Kelvin) är inga problem.

Jo, fast du skrev -270K vilket översatt till grader Celsius då hamnar...egentligen ingenstans men rent matematiskt -543,15 grader Celsius.

Senaste skiva som jag fastnat för: Mr Mister - Pull. PM:a mig gärna med fler tips!
Go to Top of Page

ludo

1196 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  23:32:36  Show Profile Send ludo a Private Message
Ni har redan tjuvstartat helgen ser jag -en härligt avkopplande tråd redan på torsdagskvällen.
mats31>
Go to Top of Page

Jonas Nilsson
Semester på egen begäran

1032 Posts

Posted - 2005/06/09 :  23:35:22  Show Profile Send Jonas Nilsson a Private Message
quote:
HIENDSOCKS - Lammullssockor med invävda ferritklumpar - dämpar rumsresonanser och högfrekventa störningar samtidigt. 3500 kr/par

Samma som ovan fast matchat par för djupare och bredare ljudbild
- 6500 SEK/par

Och en vidareutveckling:
-Man gör allt för att dämpa elektronik och högtalare, men ingen har tänkt på DIG. Dina högtalare är extremt resonansfria inga vibrationer får ledas ner i golvet, det samma gäller DIG. Vad tror DU händer om DU står och vibrerar, hur dj*vla bra tror du det låter då? För att inte tala om självsvängning, det är inte så roligt som det låter. Därför introducerar vi Vibrafeet Sound Of Silence Socks.

Vibrafeet Sound Of Silence Socks.
6723:- st. 14500:- Paret.

Vi kan även utföra resonanstest för 23463:- per/person.
Då ingår BRICKSoft Jitterminimizer - en unikt kryogeniskt specialbehandlad tegelsten som du lägger på din CD (fast vi slår den i huvudet på dig), och ett par Vibrafeet Sound Of Silence Socks.
Efter mätning kommer vi att ge ett GRATIS kostnadsförslag för att komma till rätta med din egenresonans.
/Jonas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HiFiForum.nu © HiFiForum.nu except: Logos and Trademarks are property of their owners, Comments are property of their posters Go To Top Of Page
Denna sida genererades på 0.69 sekunder. Snitz Forums 2000