HiFiForum.nu
Home | Forums | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Links | Members | Articles | PM | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Private Messages
You must log in to check messages
 All Forums
 HiFiForum.nu - Specialintressen
 Vinylforum
 Söker info om Supex SDX 1000
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

freann

863 Posts

Posted - 2006/10/23 :  01:01:41  Show Profile Send freann a Private Message  Reply

Någon som minns denna pickup?
Min pappa har ett ex. som borde reoveras - frågan är om det är värt det.
Vilken impedans brukade en Linn Asak må bäst av?

Detta har jag Goggla fram:
"I recently bought a Linn Asak cartridge second-hand and was told that it was really a Supex 1000 in a different body with a new stylus of Linn's design. This seems to be born out by the little info I can find on this.It seems that Supex did make some cartridges for Linn in the early eighties and the name Asak derives from Akasura who was the Supex boss-for this reason. The specs on a Linn Asak and Linn Asaka should be pretty similar to the Supex SDX 1000. That is .1mvolt output, 6 gms weight, 12ums compliance, 10Hz-50Khz frequency range, 20Hz-20Khz (+/-1dB)Frequency Response.This for the Asak which is pretty much the Supex 1000 clone.

The SDX 1000 was a post Sugano design - I believe it's VERY similar to the Linn Asak, the cartridge originally designed for the Linn Ittok arm. Supex cartridges were excellent, but this design is about 25 years old. The Garrott brothers in Australia (in name now only, RIP) do a great job and can pull the cartridges to bits and completely rebuild them.

It is a 1000! I love the sound overall. It is a bit bright but airy sounding. One of the better tracking MC cartridges. It's only weakness is the bass notes and transients. This cart was retipped by Van Den Hul in Holland!"
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HiFiForum.nu © HiFiForum.nu except: Logos and Trademarks are property of their owners, Comments are property of their posters Go To Top Of Page
Denna sida genererades på 0.09 sekunder. Snitz Forums 2000