HiFiForum.nu
Home | Forums | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Links | Members | Articles | PM | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Private Messages
You must log in to check messages
 All Forums
 HiFiForum.nu - Mångfaldens forum
 WiFi och flerkanalsHiFi
 DTS
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

gcs

5273 Posts

Posted - 2004/03/07 :  00:24:20  Show Profile Send gcs a Private Message
Om man tittar på blockschemat för DTS-ES discret så kan man ju se att det utgår 5+1 kanaler från 5.1 dekodern sedan är det en usersbit som går in i mixdecodern som då ska plocka ut en Cs signal hur det nu ska gå till. En dröm vore ju om man kunde med hjälp av en usersbit plocka ut en stereo signal ur en mono....men det går ju inte vad jag vet. Hur stor är skillnaden mellan DTS-ES matrix och DTS-ES discret. En annan fråga är varför Dolby inte har nappat på det här eftersom dom alltid har varit ledande när det gäller filmljud.
Go to Top of Page

Martin.M
Semesterfirare

3556 Posts

Posted - 2004/03/07 :  01:15:36  Show Profile
Jag får tipsa om de trådar jag lade in tidigare i tråden
http://www.prisjakt.nu/forum/index.php?showtopic=48329
http://www.prisjakt.nu/forum/index.php?showtopic=55964

citerar lite ur dessa!
"DTS använder en statisk kanalbandbredd där DD istället använder sig av en dynamisk resource pool vilket gör att all bandbredd kan användas för en specifik kanal eller fördelas enligt kanalinformation hur som helst om så önskas."

DD formatet kan hantera upp till 255 kanaler också så det är väl anpassat för kommande format.
Dock kanske det kan vara idé att öka DD bandbredd framöver.
384/448 Kbps är lite väl lite om det kommer ytterligare kanaler i framtiden.
Skillnaden mellan discrete och matrix har jag inte testat. Man måste nog ha samma film med både matrix och discrete för att kunna jämföra.
Och dolby är fortfarande ledande inom ljudbiten måste man väl säga eftersom deras metodkräver mycket mindre utrymme med ett fantastiskt resultat!

admin @ Minhembio.com & självutnämnd Squeezbox-expert
Go to Top of Page

nin
Semesterfirare

2425 Posts

Posted - 2004/03/07 :  13:05:05  Show Profile Send nin a Private Message
Som sagt, man ska inte jämföra äpplen med apelsiner:

OK, to answer David's last question on how the test I did was done, I used a 24 bit master. There were no additional processes introduced in the chain when the transfers were made. The Dolby 562 was in a mode that bypasses all dial norm, compression and downmixing parameters (this mode is representative of the original master used). A data rate of 448 was used for the ac-3. The DTS was encoded through the CAE-4 hardware encoder at a rate of 754 and decoded as I stated previously.
The results were very interesting. I depended on who was listening, what program material was used (both music and film soundtracks were used), at what amplitude etc. Let me say first that both codecs work very well and each company should be proud of their process. In short the differences between DD and DTS were minimal. Both sounded great but each had slightly different anomallies in playback. Some people heard a slight difference others heard no difference at all. They both gave a very good representation of the master.
My conclusion was that the codecs being this close shows me that if you are hearing a vast difference between DD and DTS on your systems at home that there is some processing going on that you are un aware of. It may be user adjustable or something that the manufacturer has introduced without your knowledge. But the actual codecs are close enough that you must have exceptional hearing with a system that is better than that in most studios to hear any noticeable difference. This was an A/B(C) test. 'C' being the original master and we still had difficulty telling a difference between tham. Those of us who heard the difference (almost all of us) had difficulty describing what that difference was.
On another note: it was interesting seeing the reaction of some of the audio professionals when the women who work in the office could tell the difference as well as they could. I say this because women have better hearing than men on average and the differences were very slight. They would even describe the difference in a similar manner.
So if you hear a significant difference on a disc that used the same master, your system itself could be the difference.

(taget från http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158539)

Så det handlar som vanligt om HUR spåren kommer till skivan. Själva DTS och DD är så lika varandra att det är inte det som gör den skillnaden man kan höra utan att spåren är lite olika mixade, skillnader i volym, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Martin.M
Semesterfirare

3556 Posts

Posted - 2004/03/07 :  14:40:25  Show Profile
Ett tips är att ladda ner några dts 6.1 discrete från http://www.sr.se/multikanal/index.stm
dom brukar hålla ruskigt hög kvaliteét på sina inspelningar och lämpar sig bra för tester!

Go to Top of Page

mikaels

160 Posts

Posted - 2004/03/11 :  16:21:33  Show Profile Send mikaels a Private Message
Den här diskussionen poppar upp lite här och var, senast jag var med var det på Prisjakts forum där jag skrev följande inlägg:
Varför tror ni att DD är ensamt om att allokera bitraten över alla kanaler? Läs Specen hos dts: http://www.dtsonline.com/media/uploads/pdfs/whitepaper.pdf istället, eller mitt utdrag:
quote:
The global bit-management routine is responsible for allocating, or distributing, the coding bits over all the coded sub-bands across all the audio channels. Adaptation occurs over time and frequency to optimize the audio quality. The bit-allocation routines translate the coding data rate into audio quality, and hence are of fundamental importance in the design of any coding system. By isolating these routines strictly to the encoding stage, the degree of complexity of the calculations involved is effectively unlimited, and can act to the benefit of all decoders. Again, as the bit rate rises, the flexibility of the bit allocation routines is reduced to ensure transparency over time and across all channels.
Alltså har även dts variabel kanalbandbredd, och INTE statisk (förstår inte var den vanföreställning kommit från..?)

De flesta destruktiva komprimeringalgoritmer (DD, dts, mpeg/mp3, wma) fungerar på detta sätt.
Sen är ju inte bitraten allt, att en codec har högre bitrate kan ju lika gärna betyda att den är mindre effektiv. Om folk vid A-B-C-tester mellan DD, dts och originalmastern (enligt nins inlägg) tycker de låter lika, så är ju egentligen DD bättre, eftersom man får samma ljudkvalitet, men ca 300 kilobit (768-448) mer bandbredd till t ex bildkvalitet...

- "Do you indulge in any form of worship?"
- "Life. I love life, very much indeed.
David Bowie interviewed by Russell Harty, 1973

Go to Top of Page

Martin.M
Semesterfirare

3556 Posts

Posted - 2004/03/12 :  13:15:45  Show Profile
Intressant!! Tog perra1 på orden, men detta måste utredas vidare

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HiFiForum.nu © HiFiForum.nu except: Logos and Trademarks are property of their owners, Comments are property of their posters Go To Top Of Page
Denna sida genererades på 0.34 sekunder. Snitz Forums 2000