HiFiForum.nu
Home | Forums | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Links | Members | Articles | PM | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Private Messages
You must log in to check messages
 All Forums
 HiFiForum.nu - Mångfaldens forum
 HiFi-diskussion
 Mera Mårten Design på CES.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pelle

417 Posts

Posted - 2003/01/23 :  01:16:25  Show Profile Send Pelle a Private Message

Så här skriver Danny Kaey (Positive Feedback) om Mårten Design/EAR:

"EAR! (www.ear-usa.com) Another WOW experience at the show. Dan Meinwald, EAR's US importer just fresh off picking up Marten Design distribution for the US, displayed his EAR gear in familiar yet awesome fashion: The BIG monoblock's, running through the BIG preamp and BIG Sony SACD player – all channeled through the fabulously built and very sweet and dynamic sounding flagship Marten's – the aptly named Coltrane. The sound was stunning and definitely one of the top 4 rooms at the show. Of course, my BIG moment came when I had the pleasure to converse with Tim de Parvincini himself – what a personality! One of my demo discs was Steve Hoffman's remastered Elvis 24 Karat Hits CD on DCC Gold disc. I plugged it into the Sony and was immediately greeted by the sweet sound of Elvis… Of course, nothing could prepare me for what I was about to hear – Tim looked at me and said – wait a minute! Let ME play you a cut of Elvis… Simply put, I was taken into a time travel machine, ca. 1969 – I am at the RCA studios listening in to a recording session courtesy of Elvis being in front of me – folks, I am not kidding. This was THE most realistic and impressive Elvis recording I had ever heard to date, and it made the DCC stuff look like ancient history! I mean, there was NO comparison between the versions I kept going back and forth between – the cut was "Suspicious Minds." I repeatedly kept inquiring where Tim had acquired this self made CD from; of course, I was never quite able to find out. I guess it pays to have Studios all over the world use your gear for demo sessions, recording, AND mastering!"

Inte illa! Läs mer på: http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue4/ces2003dk.htm

[Audio Aero] [Audio Research] [inga högtalare]

Pelle

417 Posts

Posted - 2003/01/23 :  01:38:07  Show Profile Send Pelle a Private Message

Hittade ett utlåtande till. Roger S. Gordon (också Positive Feedback):

"E.A.R. Listening to Tim de Paravicini's equipment is always a pleasure. This year the system consisted of the Paravicini 312 preamp, the E.A.R. 324 Phono Equalizer, the Paravacini M100 monoblock amplifiers driving Marten Design Coltrane speakers. The front end was either a heavily modified (ModWright) Sony SACD player or the Townshend Rock Reference Master Turntable with a Helius Omega arm.

This is a very expensive system—$40,000 speakers, $18,000 preamp, $35,000 amps, and $18,000 turntable. Fortunately, the sound was very good. One of the other visitors to the room brought as demo material a first pressing of the Decca LP of the Solti/Concertgebouw/ Mahler 4th. The performance was superb. The sound was spectacular. A very impressive system. Again this was a system that I could listen to for hours. It's too bad so few people can afford it."

"Det är synd att så få har råd med det." Jag tycker att det synd att inte JAG har råd med det.

[Audio Aero] [Audio Research] [inga högtalare]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HiFiForum.nu © HiFiForum.nu except: Logos and Trademarks are property of their owners, Comments are property of their posters Go To Top Of Page
Denna sida genererades på 0.38 sekunder. Snitz Forums 2000