HiFiForum.nu
Home | Forums | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Links | Members | Articles | PM | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Private Messages
You must log in to check messages
 All Forums
 HiFiForum.nu - Mångfaldens forum
 HiFi-diskussion
 Bybee
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jorma

3316 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/19 :  02:12:18  Show Profile  Visit Jorma's Homepage Send Jorma a Private Message
Är det någon som har provat dessa Bybeefilters?
http://www.bybeetech.com

Jorm

Bobbokrull
f.d. "Robin Fischer"

2165 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/19 :  02:22:33  Show Profile Send Bobbokrull a Private Message
och de kostar?

Easy Come, Easy Go
Adda mig på ICQ UIN: 4179305
Go to Top of Page

matson
formerly known as...

1617 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/19 :  02:33:21  Show Profile Send matson a Private Message
Nej, så vitt jag vet finns det väl bara en firma som använt dom i sina kablar!

Mvh/Mats
'....som en allergiker som aldrig får sitt Cortison'
Go to Top of Page

Jorma

3316 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/19 :  02:34:32  Show Profile  Visit Jorma's Homepage Send Jorma a Private Message
Vad jag kan se, så kostar dom 80 dollar/st i USA.
Det kan bli ca. 1000 kr med frakt tull och moms.
Jag hittade en artikel från Ultimate Audio, skriven av den nyligen avlidna skribenten Lars Fredell:

Bybee's Back!, By Lars Fredell

Jack Bybee's scientific mind just doesn't seem to quit. This Marcus Welby-like gentleman has spent a lifetime trying to quiet electrical current. He used to worry about the noise of a nuclear submarine's DC electrical systems in order to make it possible for the Passive Sonar "to hear a shrimp fart at 6,000 feet," as he puts it. Now in retirement, he worries about quantum noise in our stereos.

All Bybee Technologies Quantum Noise Filter devices, whether AC Line Conditioners, Speaker Filters or his newly introduced Signal Line Filters, have one basic component in common: A ceramic device incorporating various rare earth metals. These rare metals are said to significantly reduce quantum noise as the current passes through without otherwise affecting the signal. "It sort of straightens out the electrons," says Bybee, "and the result is a significantly lowered noise floor."

I have tried too many noise filters in my day. Some of them have worked fairly well in certain applications; others have had more of a negative effect than a positive one. None has worked nearly as well as the Bybee filters. These filters are not only exceptional, they're unique. Apparently nobody else -- outside the defense industry -- has access to them.

The Bybee filters seem to always improve the performance of a conductor, whether it cost $100 or $10,000. The rate of improvement might vary, of course, but it's there. Knowing this, I would rather spend my money on a Bybee filter than on a cable upgrade. The filter gives me more of an improvement than I would have the right to expect from any -- even remotely affordable -- cable upgrade.

With a Bybee Technologies filter, you get a significantly quieter background to the music, which permits the dynamcs, even the smallest ones, to really come alive. This is generally what gives us the sense of palpable presence. Once heard, never forgotten!

Bybee's new Signal Line Filters would, on the surface, appear to be heretical to any trueblooded audiophile. Put a filter on my signal -- are you nuts? Leaving my mental state aside, I do recommend that you put a Bybee filter on your interconnect. Right before the amp, for instance. Or, try it on the digital link (by the way, the effect of several filters is cumulative). I predict that you'll have the same reaction I did: "Wow, how's that possible?!"

Jorm
Go to Top of Page

Jorma

3316 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/19 :  02:45:52  Show Profile  Visit Jorma's Homepage Send Jorma a Private Message
Von Schweikert använder dom i en av sina högtalarmodeller.

BYBEE QUANTUM PURIFIER
In addition, we have employed the Bybee Quantum Purifiers to eliminate high frequency distortion caused by RFI and other high frequency noise. These filters absorb distortion above the range of audibility to ensure very quiet operation of the horn tweeter in the critical range. Although this technique is controversial, the sonic effects are quite audible and dramatic. We believe the DB-100 to have the smoothest yet most detailed sound available, cost-no-object!
http://www.vonschweikert.com/

Jorm
Go to Top of Page

markku
Vänta, jag har en mätning på det här...

934 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/19 :  08:36:35  Show Profile Send markku a Private Message
quote:

Vad jag kan se, så kostar dom 80 dollar/st i USA.
Det kan bli ca. 1000 kr med frakt tull och moms.

Jorma

Jag kollade sajten till Bybees Europeiska representant, Boenicke Audio. Där kostar filtrerna 75 Euro pr. stk, med 10% rabatt vid 10-20 stk.

Jag har hört, hurdan en annan sveitsisk firma skickar varorna från Tyskland för att EU-kunderna skulle slippa tull och moms. Burde väl kolla detta med Boenicke?

mvh
Markku

< More Signal, Less Noise. >
Go to Top of Page

hsivp
Gissa vad min förkortning betyder!

623 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/19 :  09:13:06  Show Profile  Visit hsivp's Homepage Send hsivp a Private Message
Borde det inte gå att sido importera dessa Jorma.
Du verkar ju ha en del erfarenhet (shakti)?
Kanske finns ett par som skulle kunna tänka sig att testa dessa?
/A

*nu har jag inget att skriva för då kanske jag förolämpar någon
Go to Top of Page

Jorma

3316 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/20 :  00:27:46  Show Profile  Visit Jorma's Homepage Send Jorma a Private Message
quote:

Borde det inte gå att sido importera dessa Jorma.
Du verkar ju ha en del erfarenhet (shakti)?
Kanske finns ett par som skulle kunna tänka sig att testa dessa?
/A

*nu har jag inget att skriva för då kanske jag förolämpar någon*

Jag tycker att dom verkar intressanta. I linje med det som jag idag säljer och kommer kanske att ta hem några för test framöver.
Vill du vara med och prova?
CH var den som tipsade om dessa och han är intresserad också.
Han tipsade också om detta Amerikanska forum där man kan hitta mer information (tjöt) om dessa och andra saker.

Jorma

Edited by - Jorma on 2002/07/20 00:28:37

Edited by - Jorma on 2002/07/20 00:31:4
Go to Top of Page

Bobbokrull
f.d. "Robin Fischer"

2165 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/20 :  00:47:42  Show Profile Send Bobbokrull a Private Message
jag vill kanske också vara med..

Easy Come, Easy Go
Go to Top of Page

hsivp
Gissa vad min förkortning betyder!

623 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/20 :  11:16:44  Show Profile  Visit hsivp's Homepage Send hsivp a Private Message
[/quote]

Jag tycker att dom verkar intressanta. I linje med det som jag idag säljer och kommer kanske att ta hem några för test framöver.
Vill du vara med och prova?
CH var den som tipsade om dessa och han är intresserad också.
Han tipsade också om detta Amerikanska forum där man kan hitta mer information (tjöt) om dessa och andra saker.
[/quote]
Jo jag skulle kunna tänka mig vara med.
Fick mail ifrån Jack Bybee igår med rekomenderade ställen att applicera hans produkt:

Installation Suggestions For Bybee Quantum Purifiers

Bybee Quantum Purifiers have proven effective in numerous locations for every type of audio/video component and loudspeaker. Among the most common are AC power, audio/video inputs and outputs, and digital inputs and outputs. A good general principle for all installations is to place the Bybee Quantum Purifier as near as possible to the destination end of the AC or signal path.

The simplest AC modification is to primary power: Place the purifiers between the AC input -- typically an IEC socket -- and the transformer input. For best results the recommended procedure is to put a purifier on both the hot and the neutral leg; besides yielding better sound, this will ensure full quantum purification even if the component is connected to an incorrectly wired (out of polarity) AC receptacle. If it is certain that the wall outlet is wired with correct polarity, the purifier on the neutral leg may be omitted, with some decrease in sonic performance. Note: If the equipment is used in a location that has balanced AC power, both the hot and neutral legs must be modified.

The amount of voltage passing through a purifier is inconsequential. More important is the amount of current. The large purifiers are rated for 15 A, the small for 4.3 A. (These ratings reflect the capacity of the copper leads.)

An even more effective AC treatment is to secondary power: Place purifiers between the transformer and the rectification diodes. The number of purifiers required may vary according to the circuit design of the component. One purifier should be used for each transformer tap utilized. Some users have reported even more impressive results from placing purifiers after the diode bridge.

Audio, video and digital inputs and outputs: For optimum performance improvement with RCA jacks, connect a purifier at (or as close as physically possible to) the positive terminal of the jack, and a second purifier on the return (ground) leg. Treating only the positive leg will also enhance performance, but to a lesser degree.

For XLR balanced input jacks, both hot and neutral must be treated. For XLR output jacks, best results will come from additionally treating the ground -- although here too, the purifier for the ground may be omitted, with some decrease in the performance improvement.

The best results come from treating inputs and outputs. However, if that approach is too expensive, excellent results can still be achieved. As a rule, placing the purifiers at inputs is slightly more effective than putting them on outputs. Note: When upgrading a preamplifier, the input modification should be placed after the selector switch, so that the input signals from all source components get the benefit.

In addition to the standard modifications described above, there are other locations that can be modified to provide even better performance. Bybee Technologies can provide consultation on these other performance-enhancing modifications if a schematic for the circuit is available.

To modify dynamic loudspeakers, best results are obtained by connecting a purifier at the positive terminal of each individual driver. A less costly -- and less effective, although still worthwhile -- modification is to place a purifier at the positive input to the crossover network, so that all drivers get the benefit.

For modifying electrostatic loudspeakers, primary power can be treated as described above. In addition, placing a purifier on the positive and negative stator wires is very effective.

Please direct questions to bybeepure@AOL.com

For electrostatic speakers, place one purifier each on the wires leading to the positive and negative stators. The primary power input (see above) may also be treated for best results.

*Jag har alltid undrat vart den där xtra osten på pizzan tar vägen? eller säger dom bara att dom lagt på mer?
Go to Top of Page

Bobbokrull
f.d. "Robin Fischer"

2165 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/20 :  13:05:18  Show Profile Send Bobbokrull a Private Message
jorma

kan du adda mig till din icq eller msn?

Easy Come, Easy Go
Go to Top of Page

markku
Vänta, jag har en mätning på det här...

934 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/24 :  13:03:24  Show Profile Send markku a Private Message
Kolla, vad Enjoy The Music skriver om Bybee:

The Bybee Interconnect Filters Rise Again

mvh
Markku

< More Signal, Less Noise. >
Go to Top of Page

Morello

926 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/24 :  18:57:04  Show Profile Send Morello a Private Message
Blir det bättre crema på espresson ur espressomakinen om jag kopplar in dom där "bybee"-prylarnas

"It was never supposed to be a hit. It was supposed to be a Joe Morello drum solo"
Go to Top of Page

Ing. Öhman
Ej medlem längre

356 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/24 :  19:00:03  Show Profile Send Ing. Öhman a Private Message
Om de fantastiska "Bybee Quantum Purifier".

quote:

...Jag tycker att dom verkar intressanta. I linje med det som jag idag säljer och kommer kanske att ta hem några för test framöver.

Jorma

Jag håller med! Helt i linje med de produkter du säljer nu!

Vh, Ing. Öhma
Go to Top of Page

Timbre

4608 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/24 :  19:34:24  Show Profile Send Timbre a Private Message
Här finns goda förutsättningar för en bitter duell. Jag uppmanar till lugn och eftertänksamhet så kanske vi kan få en utförlig rapport så småningom...

Ingenting är så bra att det inte kan bli bättre
Go to Top of Page

Jorma

3316 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/24 :  20:11:27  Show Profile  Visit Jorma's Homepage Send Jorma a Private Message
quote:

Här finns goda förutsättningar för en bitter duell. Jag uppmanar till lugn och eftertänksamhet så kanske vi kan få en utförlig rapport så småningom...

Ingenting är så bra att det inte kan bli bättre.

Jag tror inte att ovanstående herrar är intresserade av en rapport i annat syfte än att mucka gräl. Det börjar bli alltmer av den varan.
det tar väl inte så lång tid till innan den store ledaren sammankallar sina stormtrupper, och går till attack.
Eller är det kanske lek i sandlådan han vill ha.
Jag har förresten lite nytt på SACDfronten på gång. Och det är inte negativt för SACD.
Men inget av detta stämmer in på dessa herrars teorier. Och provar nåt gör dom inte heller. Som Öhman en gång sa på Hifimagasinet.
Jag ser på deras uppbyggnad att dom är inte bra. Därför tänker jag inte prova dom. Eller något i den stilen var det ang. en viss kabel.
Och Morello har krupit upp i knät på sin store idol. Eller är det tvärtom?

Jorm
Go to Top of Page

CH

1474 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/24 :  20:17:21  Show Profile  Visit CH's Homepage Send CH a Private Message
Jorma...vi MÅSTE trycka upp t-shirts inför mässan...
Go to Top of Page

Morello

926 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/24 :  20:17:51  Show Profile Send Morello a Private Message
quote:

quote:

Ingenting är så bra att det inte kan bli bättre.

Jag tror inte att ovanstående herrar är intresserade av en rapport i annat syfte än att mucka gräl. Det börjar bli alltmer av den varan.
det tar väl inte så lång tid till innan den store ledaren sammankallar sina stormtrupper, och går till attack.
Eller är det kanske lek i sandlådan han vill ha.
Jag har förresten lite nytt på SACDfronten på gång. Och det är inte negativt för SACD.
Men inget av detta stämmer in på dessa herrars teorier. Och provar nåt gör dom inte heller. Som Öhman en gång sa på Hifimagasinet.
Jag ser på deras uppbyggnad att dom är inte bra. Därför tänker jag inte prova dom. Eller något i den stilen var det ang. en viss kabel.
Och Morello har krupit upp i knät på sin store idol. Eller är det tvärtom?

Jorma

Jorma!

Min Pseudonym är "Morello". Vem tror du är min idol
Nu fick du något att tänka på

"It was never supposed to be a hit. It was supposed to be a Joe Morello drum solo"
Go to Top of Page

Jorma

3316 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/24 :  20:24:11  Show Profile  Visit Jorma's Homepage Send Jorma a Private Message
quote:

Jorma...vi MÅSTE trycka upp t-shirts inför mässan...

Och en keps också kanske.
Har du något bra förslag vad det ska stå på dom?
Eller ska vi utlysa en tävling, med en jazzskiva som första pris

Jorm
Go to Top of Page

Jorma

3316 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/24 :  20:30:04  Show Profile  Visit Jorma's Homepage Send Jorma a Private Message
quote:

Om de fantastiska "Bybee Quantum Purifier".

quote:

...Jag tycker att dom verkar intressanta. I linje med det som jag idag säljer och kommer kanske att ta hem några för test framöver.

Jorma

Jag håller med! Helt i linje med de produkter du säljer nu!

Vh, Ing. Öhman

Så bra att du håller med, för i linje med det jag säljer nu, betyder bra produkter, som får ut maximalt välljud ur en anläggning.
En anläggning som inte har tweakats med bra grejer ger inte max.
Det handlar om finputsning av redan bra anläggningar
Vad det gäller Bybee vet jag själv inte vad dom går för ännu, men jag har kontaktat dom och ska ta hem några på prov. En del tyder på att dom kan vara bra. Men eftersom det inte finns något White Paper eller mätningar utförda på dom, så har du ju din åsikt på det torra.
Men det spelar nog ingen roll att det finns klara papper på vad en produkt kan göra för nytta. Det som gäller är tydligen högtalare av eget fabrikat och veteranhifiapparater. Allt annat verkar vara skit i din skalle.
Fortsätt bara Öhman, så visar du din höga klass som hifiguru, inför dina andäktiga åhörare. Eller kan det vara så att dom som du har runt dig inte vågar säga emot

Jorma

Edited by - Jorma on 2002/07/24 20:55:48

Edited by - Jorma on 2002/07/24 20:56:3
Go to Top of Page

nl

324 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/24 :  20:33:01  Show Profile Send nl a Private Message
Hej alla

Om jag har en t-sirt med nl på, kommer någon att veta vem jag är då?
Go to Top of Page

Timbre

4608 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/24 :  20:57:28  Show Profile Send Timbre a Private Message
Alla har fått sagt sitt och i fortsättningen är det endast produktorienterade inlägg som undgår deleteknappen i denna tråd.

Timbre

Go to Top of Page

Jorma

3316 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/24 :  21:01:19  Show Profile  Visit Jorma's Homepage Send Jorma a Private Message
Du kan klappa igen den här tråden Timbre. Rapport kommer i en ny tråd under hårdvara. Det luktar för mycket i den här tråden.

Jorm
Go to Top of Page

Timbre

4608 Posts

Posted - 2002/07/24 :  21:06:21  Show Profile Send Timbre a Private Message
De´ ligger liksom i luften.

Timbre

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HiFiForum.nu © HiFiForum.nu except: Logos and Trademarks are property of their owners, Comments are property of their posters Go To Top Of Page
Denna sida genererades på 0.76 sekunder. Snitz Forums 2000