HiFiForum.nu
Home | Forums | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Links | Members | Articles | PM | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Private Messages
You must log in to check messages
 All Forums
 HiFiForum.nu - Mångfaldens forum
 Musik
 Cowboy Junkies - At the end of paths taken
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Perry SWE
Starting Member

40 Posts

Posted - 2007/02/22 :  19:29:07  Show Profile Send Perry SWE a Private Message
ny platta i april
smakprov finns på http://www.myspace.com/cowboyjunkies

lite mer hifi om möjligt blir Trinity sessions 2 senare i vår
"FogoLabs Re-Creates Cowboy Junkies Album

Production/post-production facility FogoLabs selected Holophone#8217;s H2-PRO surround mic to capture audio for an upcoming HD concert DVD, a re-creation of the Cowboy Junkies#8217; performance at the Church of the Holy Trinity in Toronto, Ontario. Originally recorded in 1987, much of the Cowboy Junkies' Trinity Session was recorded in one day with one microphone. The new project, scheduled for release in spring 2007, features the Cowboy Junkies with guest performances by Natalie Merchant, Ryan Adams and Vic Chestnut. It was filmed in HDCAM SR and recorded at 24-bit/96kHz.

#8220;To be faithful to fans of the album, I wanted to use one mic as the basis to record the band, as was done back in the day," says producer/engineer Francois Lamoureux. "We are in the surround generation now, and the choice of surround microphone was easy. I selected Holophone#8217;s H2-PRO because you are able to realistically capture 7.1 channels of audio with minimal setup.#8221;

Instead of placing the mic in the center, as was done in the original recording, FogoLabs placed the surround mic a little off to the side near the drum section. Additional Shure mics, mostly from the KSM Series, were placed close to each instrument to supplement the sound picked up by the H2-PRO.

One of the major obstacles in recording in the church was selecting a location where the reverb did not interfere with the recording. The FogoLabs crew moved the entire setup to a slightly different spot than was used in the original recording, resulting in a reverb that was more flattering. The multiple mic capsules and elliptical shape of the H2-PRO were able to capture the full sound that the space provided."

Be quiet. Play music. It'll be all right.
John Darnielle

Edited by - Perry SWE on 2007/02/22 19:29:49

koffe

94 Posts

Posted - 2007/02/26 :  22:44:44  Show Profile  Visit koffe's Homepage Send koffe a Private Message
OT: Min första post här så jag börjar med att heja - Hej alla!

Topic - Happy/sad. Jag gillar verkligen att CJ gör en ny skiva. Allt de har gjort hittills har varit bra. Varje skiva på sitt sätt. CJ är den artist jag lyssnat mest på - grunden till min musiksmak idag. Och Trinity är i särklass. Den skivan är ett unikum i folk/rock/pop historien - en av de största skivor som gjorts. Och sen vad kan man säga om en skiva som i princip bildande grunden till helt ny genre (nja, i alla fall blåste nytt liv i en död och uträknad).

Bland annat det som gjorde Trinity så stor var att de tog bort allt bjäfs och bara spelade - musiken fick stå på egna ben - och det funkade. När man lyssnar på Trinity är teknik det sista man tänker på. Den är på sätt och vis teknikfri.

Då blir jag lite skraj när det pratas om en Trinity två och man pratar om massvis med förkortningar, kanaler och bittar.

Men... glöm mina farhågor... det som ligger på MySpace låter toppen! Och vad roligt att hitta CJ på MySpace! :-)

[edit: tog bort ett " "]

WhatTheFuckHiFi.com - vår blogg

Edited by - koffe on 2007/02/26 22:46:06
Go to Top of Page

Perry SWE
Starting Member

40 Posts

Posted - 2007/03/08 :  20:06:41  Show Profile Send Perry SWE a Private Message
Trinity sessions är riktigt bra men nu mera så spelar jag mest CJs debut "Whites of earth now" gillar soundet bluesigt och rått men inspelad på samma sätt runt en mic men i studio (basen i Crossroads måste vara grym i ett stort system), en SACD remaster av skivan släpps i dagarna

från TS 2

John Darnielle
Go to Top of Page

732 Posts

Posted - 2007/03/10 :  11:09:07  Show Profile Send 10 a Private Message
Jag har länge varit en stor CJ-fantast! Min favorit är nog "The Caution Horses", men alla deras skivor är mer eller mindre fantastiska! Dock, "Miles From Our Home" har ännu inte fångat mig som de tidigare, så det ska bli väldigt intressant att höra hur det här senaste släppet påverkar mig!
Go to Top of Page

Perry SWE
Starting Member

40 Posts

Posted - 2007/09/21 :  19:17:08  Show Profile Send Perry SWE a Private Message
nu finns det smakprov från Trinity revisited på cowboyjunkies.com
säger bara Natalie Merchant kan man titta länge på!

även sacd remaster av första skivan
http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=15437803

John Darnielle
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HiFiForum.nu © HiFiForum.nu except: Logos and Trademarks are property of their owners, Comments are property of their posters Go To Top Of Page
Denna sida genererades på 0.38 sekunder. Snitz Forums 2000