HiFiForum.nu
Home | Forums | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Links | Members | Articles | PM | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Private Messages
You must log in to check messages
 All Forums
 HiFiForum.nu - Mångfaldens forum
 HiFi-diskussion
 Nordost har svarat på frågemail
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sladd

3028 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/17 :  20:30:32  Show Profile  Visit sladd's Homepage Send sladd a Private Message
Morello har mailat mig och sagt att det är Ok att lägga ut frågor och svar på forumet. Han är inte så imponerad av vissa svar har jag förstått.

Kanske skulle mr President Vin Garino skickat förfrågningarna vidare till någon tekniknörd? Kul att dom svarade i alla fall. Här är frågor och svar:

Dear Sir,

My reply to your questions are below.

I am happy to answer these for you. If you are truly interested in the sonic benefits of our products you need to listen to them to determine if what we say is accurate. I hope these answers will rest your mind at ease that we are not trying to change the laws of physics. However, I do not wish to continue this type of contest over physical laws of electricity in wire. As a person with an apparent engineering background you seem to have a problem thinking out of the box of 20 to 20KHz.

Best regards,

Vin Garino
President
Nordost Corporation

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 9:57 PM
To: info@nordost.com
Subject: Cables

Dear sir,

I browsed through Your web-site to read about Your company and your products.
Audio cables are frequently discussed among audiophiles. Those with a background within the fields of physics and/or electronics are often very sceptical about expensive cables (i.e. transmission lines).

Some of your statements and axioms raised my eyebrows a bit.
I would appreciate if you would like to answer some questions regarding Nordost cables.

1. "The result is a tremendous synergy between all components in an audio system wired with Zero Reflection cable. This technique has been implemented in our new SPM Reference Cable."

By textbook transmission line theory, the reflection at the load and source are determined by the characteristic impedance of the transmission line and the impedance at the load and source respectively. The statement "Zero reflection" holds true if and only if the characteristic impedance of the cable, load impedance and source impedance are equal.
That is:

Zo=Zl=Zs

Output impedance of preamplifiers ranges from a few ohms to several kilo ohms. There is no way that you can assure that your statement holds true. Any comments?

Our company is a precision manufacturer and we do R & D for various industries that require the utmost accuracy in construction such as the medical industry and aero space. There is no other company that can build cable products with the concentricity and precision that we are able to accomplish. In fact, to our knowledge, we are the only true manufacturer that competes in high end audio. When we talk about "zero reflection" technology we are referring to the zero tolerance extrusion process we use in the construction of our reference cables. We can't change what takes place outside of the cable and I don't believe anybody expects us to.

2. "One of the characteristics which makes the Flatline family of cables sound so good is the fact that all of the cables can transmit signals at over 95% the speed of light. Propagation delay tests were run on all the cables in the Flatline range."

The delay may be expressed in terms of the laplacian operator as:

Exp(-s*constant)

A constant delay describes a linear phase system. The magnitude of the delay is of no interest. A constant delay introduces no phase distortion.
One meter of transmission line with a group velocity of 80% of the speed of light have a delay of 4.2 nS. That is 0.005% of a 20kcps-cycle.
It is like hitting the "play" button on the CD-player 4.2 nS later.

Why do you use such a irrelevant statement in your marketing? :)

I don't fully understand your argument or your equation. Some basic factual concepts we should agree on simply stated are as follows. 1. Velocity of propagation, or phase velocity, is a function of the dielectric constant only. 2. Lossy transmission lines can distort the signal when variation of the phase velocity with frequency leads to dispersion of the signal components. 3. When a transmission line is dispersive, the effective velocity, or group velocity of the combined signal is the velocity of importance. 4. If the dispersion is very small (or zero), group velocity equals phase velocity.

What we are saying without getting into all this sort of detail that would glaze over the eyes of most people is that our cables are fast and not lossy; therefore there are negligible distortions or dispersions.

Also, I must disagree with your statement that the magnitude of delay is of no interest. Tell that to any of the ANSI committees (Fibre Channel, SCSI, etc) that spec a maximum value for bus transmission and see what happens.

3. "Teflon is by far the best insulator currently available. It is essentially uniform in its electrical characteristics at all frequencies up to 1GHz. Using Teflon lowers the capacitance thus keeping signal distortions to a minimum."

I agree that Teflon is a good insulator, but vacuum is, with respect to dielectric absorption, the very best. The industrial standard RG62 line uses air dielectrica.
Any comments?

Maybe "the best polymer insulator currently available" is more accurate for the Flatline products. A few true air dielectric products are delay lines made by suspending a signal between two caps of Teflon at each end with a solid copper tube shield; and K (or 3.5 mm) connectors which are similar to SMA's but use air for the dielectric. RG62 is actually an air spaced polyethylene (not just air) design similar but not as precise as our mono-filament cables, where a filament is wrapped around the signal conductor to maintain signal placement and then a tube surrounds the filament to act as the support for the shield. These constructions significantly lower the dielectric constant closer to vacuum. We can achieve effective dielectric constants as low as 1.28 using this technology.

4. " Heat dissipation is also enhanced by FEP (Teflon) which has a much lower coefficient of friction than other commonly used insulation materials."

A good cable has low resistance and by implication, very little heat is dissipated in the cable. Why do you mention coefficient of friction?

This is a measurable property and we meet and exceed US military specification in this area. It is one reason our cables have a higher current carrying capacity than other cable designs with the same amount of conductive material (AWG).

5. "propagation delay: 87% speed of light"

You state that the delay is lower in your cable than the delay of light. It is equivalent to: "our cables are faster than the speed of light"

Mr. A. Einstein would have been very impressed of such a axiom.:)
You are in fact violating one of the most fundamental laws of modern physics.
The speed of light in vacuum is a universal limit.
I'm sure that the delay of the cable is at least 120% of the speed of light in vacuum.

Any comments?

You either misunderstand or misrepresent this statement. The value has the same meaning here as in #2 above. 87% equates to approximately 3.8 ns/m. The speed of light is still 3.3 ns/m, so Mr. E can rest in peace.

Best Regards\

- - Den som jämför med något sämre kommer aldrig framåt - -

Bland

672 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/17 :  20:44:45  Show Profile Send Bland a Private Message
Roligt att de svarade. Jag begriper inte mycket. Finns det någon som kan tolka detta för oss som tycker att detta är rena grekiskan. (Morello kom igen. Jag äger Time out i en brittisk orginal pressning. Brubeck är strålande).

Go to Top of Page

sladd

3028 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/17 :  21:02:54  Show Profile  Visit sladd's Homepage Send sladd a Private Message
Morello har inte längre tillgång till forumet som inläggare. Här finns dock säkert fler som kan berätta vad i allsin dar det står?

Go to Top of Page

Niklas Nord
JBL! Va? JBL! Va? JBL! JBL! JBL!!

6152 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/17 :  21:06:56  Show Profile Send Niklas Nord a Private Message

Intressant..

Kul och förvånande att de svarar på sådanna frågor, ställda
av helt ej kända människor.

Han har ju kunnat svara på frågorna mer eller mindre.

Självaste Nordost, men det finns ju fler att ställa frågor
till, t.ex. dessa med underliga svarta klumpar på kablarna.

rg62 också, ..

---------
När Tigern Springer Ur Djungeln; Springer Djungeln Ur Tiger
Go to Top of Page

Nagref

113 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/17 :  21:11:27  Show Profile Send Nagref a Private Message
NN: att han har svarat på själva frågorn visar inte attt han har KUNNAT svara på dem. Antingen har han inte förstått frågorna eller så är svaren bara uppåt väggarna ändå.

-The world is my oyster...
Go to Top of Page

Niklas Nord
JBL! Va? JBL! Va? JBL! JBL! JBL!!

6152 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/17 :  21:18:57  Show Profile Send Niklas Nord a Private Message

jag skrev ju "mer eller mindre"

är du yr`?

---------
När Tigern Springer Ur Djungeln; Springer Djungeln Ur Tiger
Go to Top of Page

Nagref

113 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/17 :  21:30:53  Show Profile Send Nagref a Private Message
quote:

jag skrev ju "mer eller mindre"

är du yr`?

Tyvärr har du rätt. Lite dissy är jag efter tre dagars häftig feber...

Om ingen känner sig manad att översätta svaren (och samtidigt förklara varför det är kanske inte så bra som man kanske skulle vilja) så kanske jag orkar gå på ett och annat i morgon.

Go to Top of Page

Bland

672 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/17 :  21:40:55  Show Profile Send Bland a Private Message

"Morello har inte längre tillgång till forumet som inläggare."

ok.

Go to Top of Page

sladd

3028 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/17 :  21:44:43  Show Profile  Visit sladd's Homepage Send sladd a Private Message
Notera att det nu finns ett tillägg före själva frågor - svar som jag missade att lägga in först.

Go to Top of Page

DrMabuse

307 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/18 :  00:09:09  Show Profile Send DrMabuse a Private Message
Man ser att det nog finns en skillnad mellan ett kommersiellt amerikanskt företag som tillåter sig att ta ut svängarna i sin marknadsföring och en strikt teoretisk värd där allt går att förklara med en matematisk formel.

Jag tycker det är märkligt att de svarat över huvud taget eftersom Morellos formuleringar i vissa fall var ganska så provokativa.

Nordosts kablar låter väl varken bättre eller sämre efter detta.

DrM

Go to Top of Page

Jorma

3316 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/18 :  01:39:51  Show Profile  Visit Jorma's Homepage Send Jorma a Private Message
"I am happy to answer these for you. If you are truly interested in the sonic benefits of our products you need to listen to them to determine if what we say is accurate. I hope these answers will rest your mind at ease that we are not trying to change the laws of physics. However, I do not wish to continue this type of contest over physical laws of electricity in wire. As a person with an apparent engineering background you seem to have a problem thinking out of the box of 20 to 20KHz."

Det här första stycket i svaret säger väl det som gäller. Att den som verkligen är intresserad av att få veta vad kablarna går för måste ta sig tid att lyssna på dom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jag är så ologisk att jag litar på mina öron och mina sinnen.

Jorm
Go to Top of Page

sladd

3028 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/18 :  08:19:55  Show Profile  Visit sladd's Homepage Send sladd a Private Message
1. "The result is a tremendous synergy between all components in an audio system wired with Zero Reflection cable. This technique has been implemented in our new SPM Reference Cable."

By textbook transmission line theory, the reflection at the load and source are determined by the characteristic impedance of the transmission line and the impedance at the load and source respectively. The statement "Zero reflection" holds true if and only if the characteristic impedance of the cable, load impedance and source impedance are equal.
That is:

Zo=Zl=Zs

Output impedance of preamplifiers ranges from a few ohms to several kilo ohms. There is no way that you can assure that your statement holds true. Any comments?
---------------------------------------------------
Our company is a precision manufacturer and we do R & D for various industries that require the utmost accuracy in construction such as the medical industry and aero space. There is no other company that can build cable products with the concentricity and precision that we are able to accomplish. In fact, to our knowledge, we are the only true manufacturer that competes in high end audio. When we talk about "zero reflection" technology we are referring to the zero tolerance extrusion process we use in the construction of our reference cables. We can't change what takes place outside of the cable and I don't believe anybody expects us to.
-------------------------------------------------
- - - Nordost menar att "zero reflection" är något annat än vad Morello tror. "We can't change what takes place outside of the cable and I don't believe anybody expects us to." med detta menar Nordost att Morellos ide´om felaktigheten i deras marknadsföring är så självklart uppåt väggarna att ingen egentligen borde missuppfatta deras text på det viset?
- - - - -

2. "One of the characteristics which makes the Flatline family of cables sound so good is the fact that all of the cables can transmit signals at over 95% the speed of light. Propagation delay tests were run on all the cables in the Flatline range."

The delay may be expressed in terms of the laplacian operator as:

Exp(-s*constant)

A constant delay describes a linear phase system. The magnitude of the delay is of no interest. A constant delay introduces no phase distortion.
One meter of transmission line with a group velocity of 80% of the speed of light have a delay of 4.2 nS. That is 0.005% of a 20kcps-cycle.
It is like hitting the "play" button on the CD-player 4.2 nS later.

Why do you use such a irrelevant statement in your marketing? :)
----------------------------------------------------
I don't fully understand your argument or your equation. Some basic factual concepts we should agree on simply stated are as follows. 1. Velocity of propagation, or phase velocity, is a function of the dielectric constant only. 2. Lossy transmission lines can distort the signal when variation of the phase velocity with frequency leads to dispersion of the signal components. 3. When a transmission line is dispersive, the effective velocity, or group velocity of the combined signal is the velocity of importance. 4. If the dispersion is very small (or zero), group velocity equals phase velocity.

What we are saying without getting into all this sort of detail that would glaze over the eyes of most people is that our cables are fast and not lossy; therefore there are negligible distortions or dispersions.

Also, I must disagree with your statement that the magnitude of delay is of no interest. Tell that to any of the ANSI committees (Fibre Channel, SCSI, etc) that spec a maximum value for bus transmission and see what happens.
-----------------------------------------------
- - - - Här är de helt klart inte överens men jag behöver någon som förklarar för mig på svenska- - - -

3. "Teflon is by far the best insulator currently available. It is essentially uniform in its electrical characteristics at all frequencies up to 1GHz. Using Teflon lowers the capacitance thus keeping signal distortions to a minimum."

I agree that Teflon is a good insulator, but vacuum is, with respect to dielectric absorption, the very best. The industrial standard RG62 line uses air dielectrica.
Any comments?
---------------------------------------------
Maybe "the best polymer insulator currently available" is more accurate for the Flatline products. A few true air dielectric products are delay lines made by suspending a signal between two caps of Teflon at each end with a solid copper tube shield; and K (or 3.5 mm) connectors which are similar to SMA's but use air for the dielectric. RG62 is actually an air spaced polyethylene (not just air) design similar but not as precise as our mono-filament cables, where a filament is wrapped around the signal conductor to maintain signal placement and then a tube surrounds the filament to act as the support for the shield. These constructions significantly lower the dielectric constant closer to vacuum. We can achieve effective dielectric constants as low as 1.28 using this technology.
-----------------------------------------
- - - - Rg 62 är inte det Morello hävdar i texten enligt Nordost och det där om "the best" eller "the best polymer" är väl tjafs att lägga åt sidan. - - - -

4. " Heat dissipation is also enhanced by FEP (Teflon) which has a much lower coefficient of friction than other commonly used insulation materials."

A good cable has low resistance and by implication, very little heat is dissipated in the cable. Why do you mention coefficient of friction?
This is a measurable property and we meet and exceed US military specification in this area. It is one reason our cables have a higher current carrying capacity than other cable designs with the same amount of conductive material (AWG).
----------------------------------------------
- - - Undrar vad detta handlar om. Det går att mäta och vi är bäst... Ur audiosynpunkt förstår jag inte svaret riktigt.- - -

You state that the delay is lower in your cable than the delay of light. It is equivalent to: "our cables are faster than the speed of light"

I'm sure that the delay of the cable is at least 120% of the speed of light in vacuum.

Any comments?
You either misunderstand or misrepresent this statement. The value has the same meaning here as in #2 above. 87% equates to approximately 3.8 ns/m. The speed of light is still 3.3 ns/m, so Mr. E can rest in peace.
- - - Förklara någon. Är detta spörsmål som skall upp i en rättssal? Man kan alltid - om man riktigt mycket vill - missförstå och vrida på allt. - - -

Go to Top of Page

Jadde

1166 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/18 :  09:22:43  Show Profile Send Jadde a Private Message
Vad är vitsen med dessa frågor? fattar inget...

Isn't Linn a Naim?
Go to Top of Page

Nagref

113 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/18 :  13:37:56  Show Profile Send Nagref a Private Message
Eftersom jag har haft problem att hitta texten som disskuteras och kan därför inte bedöma vilket sammanhang de står i så börjar jag med fråga 4:

quote:

Någonting är mätbart. Antingen avser mr Vin friktionskoeficcienten och/eller värmeavledningsförmågan. Troligen avses värmeavledningsförmågan för det kan ju vara av intresse för militären. Denna är inte entydigt överensstämmande med friktionskoeficcienten så att nämna det senare i sammanhanget är ovidkommande.
Att nämna värmeavledningsförmågan för hifi-kablar känns också rätt irrelevant så att det ens nämndes på deras hemsida är lite förvirrande...

quote:

Any comments?

Det är väldigt kul att mr Vin inte anger hastigheten i m/s utan i s/m !!! Det senare skrivsättet är inte hastighet utan snarare fördröjning. Nåväl det gör det hela enklare att räkna. Om ljusets fördröjning (som är 100%) är 3.336nS/m och nordost kablar har en fördröjning som är 87% av det (=2.902ns/m) så blir inversen av det (d v s hastigheten) högre och följdaktligen så kommer hastigheten att vara högre än ljusets (3.45e8 m/s för nordostkabeln mot 3.00e8 m/s för ljusets hastighet i vakuum).

Att mr Vin inte kan förstå betydelsen av hastighet och delay är tämligen uppenbar.

Han borde nog ha låtit en tekniker kolla på frågorna först..

Go to Top of Page

Nagref

113 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/18 :  16:23:50  Show Profile Send Nagref a Private Message
Har kollat upp lite nu (samt kollat lite på F1) så jag kan ta mig an fråga 1.

quote:

That is:

Zo=Zl=Zs

Output impedance of preamplifiers ranges from a few ohms to several kilo ohms. There is no way that you can assure that your statement holds true. Any comments? [/blue]

Eftersom det finns en (liten, liten) möjlighet att Morello kunde ha missat något så vill jag inte svara tidigare utan att ha läst avsnittet. För att ni inte ska missa något så saxar jag följande från det som står under rubriken 'Zero Reflection Technology'.

"As a result of research into very high speed data transmission systems Nordost has developed a cable which minimises signal reflections from a source to a component. Standing waves are also eliminated within the cable by the use of very precise geometry. In addition, the use of an extrusion of 60 microns of silver over the copper of the conductor alters the atomic structure of the interface between the silver and copper. The result is a tremendous synergy between all components in an audio system wired with Zero Reflection cable. This technique has been implemented in our new SPM Reference Cable."

Tydligen är det en speciell teknik som ska minska reflektioner i övergångarna mellan kabel och apparater. Man nämner inget om impedanserna. Man säger att det ska fungera mellan alla komponenter. I mina ögon så verkar det inte trovärdigt eftersom det är viktigt att man matchar impedanserna i kabeln (den karakteristiska impedansen) med den mottagande apparatens inimpedans om det inte ska bli några reflexioner. Det man kan enkelt säga är att en kabel borde ha en karakteristisk impedans på 10kOhm om den ska mata ett slutsteg som har en inimpedans på 10kOhm.
He he he. Den kabeln skulle jag vilja se!

Mitt omdöme efter att ha analyserat svaren från frågorna 4 och 5 kvarstår: Mr Vin borde frågat en tekniker först.

Jag återkommer kanske med synpunkter på svaret till fråga 2...

Go to Top of Page

Bland

672 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/18 :  17:06:58  Show Profile Send Bland a Private Message
"Det man kan enkelt säga är att en kabel borde ha en karakteristisk impedans på 10kOhm om den ska mata ett slutsteg som har en inimpedans på 10kOhm."

En amatör frågar. Är inte just detta som transparent, mit och andra gör med sina boxar; Anpassar impedansen? Någon sa till mig att transparent utgår ifrån 20k (inimpedans på slutsteg) när de gör sina boxar. Detta värde sägs då räcka till för de flesta steg (10-50k). Har jag fel? Jag är en stor amatör på området så jag bara undrar. Tackar för tolkningen av nordost svar (och morellos frågor).

Go to Top of Page

sladd

3028 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/18 :  17:42:39  Show Profile  Visit sladd's Homepage Send sladd a Private Message
jag måste säga att denna genomgång inte ger mig så mycket.

Mr Vin anger sekund per meter i stället för meter per sekund och Morello och Nagref tror inte på det som skrivs om zero reflection.

Kunde man få det hela uttolkat för fler än de redan skeptiska samt lärda? Meningen är ju att forumet skall delges spörsmålen så att många förstår.

Go to Top of Page

Bland

672 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/18 :  19:10:17  Show Profile Send Bland a Private Message
[quote]
jag måste säga att denna genomgång inte ger mig så mycket.

Mr Vin anger sekund per meter i stället för meter per sekund och Morello och Nagref tror inte på det som skrivs om zero reflection.

Kunde man få det hela uttolkat för fler än de redan skeptiska samt lärda? Meningen är ju att forumet skall delges spörsmålen så att många förstår.

Kan iofs hålla med dig. Trots allt tycker jag att det är intressant läsning. Inte för att jag begriper så mycket utan för att de svarade. Man kan alltid försöka lära sig mer. I fråga ett är det uppenbart att de pratar om två saker. Morello pratar om impedans och nordost bemöter inte detta ( de använder inte ordet impedence i sitt svar) utan hävdar "When we talk about "zero reflection" technology we are referring to the zero tolerance extrusion process we use in the construction of our reference cables." Frågan för mig är; Vad är "extrusion process ". Jag personligen tar ingen ställninng, jag vet för lite och har inte hört nordost kablar. Enbart nyfiken.

Go to Top of Page

Timbre

4608 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/18 :  19:48:29  Show Profile Send Timbre a Private Message
Kan mycket väl ha missuppfattat, men det bör bl.a. handla om isolering av ledarna.
Hur man applicerar, i det här fallet teflon, på metallen.
Det mest omständiga (och dyraste) sättet är väl att kalldra teflonet för att undvika interaktion mellan ledaren och dess isolering.
Ett gammalt väl utprovat Kimber-recept...

Ingenting är så bra att det inte kan bli bättre.
Go to Top of Page

Bland

672 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/18 :  20:00:08  Show Profile Send Bland a Private Message
quote:

Kan mycker väl ha missuppfattat, men det bör bl.a. handla om isolering av ledarna.
Hur man applicerar (i det här fallet teflon) på metallen.
Det mest omständiga (och dyraste) sättet är väl att kalldra teflonet för att undvika interaktion mellan ledaren och dess isolering.
Ett gammalt väl utprovat Kimber-recept...

OK. Det är det nordost menar. Var inne själv på tanken men var osäker (extrusion=to shape by forcing (metal)through a die). Påverkar detta impedansen mellan försteg och slutsteg???????????
Eller?????Pratar frågeställaren och nordost om samma sak????????
Fattar noll

Go to Top of Page

Timbre

4608 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/18 :  20:14:06  Show Profile Send Timbre a Private Message

Nä, det kan väl knappast påverka egenresistans och liknande, men man kan aldrig vara riktigt säker...
Däremot läste jag ett långt utlägg om hur ett dielektrikum kan påverka signalflödet i ledarens ytskikt.
Det handlar om signalfördröjning, fasförskjutningar och annat elände.
PVC lär vara materialet att undvika.

Go to Top of Page

Bland

672 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/18 :  20:32:40  Show Profile Send Bland a Private Message
quote:

Nä, det kan väl knappast påverka egenresistans och liknande, men man kan aldrig vara riktigt säker...
Däremot läste jag ett långt utlägg om hur ett dielektrikum kan påverka signalflödet i ledarens ytskikt.
Det handlar om signalfördröjning, fasförskjutningar och annat elände.
PVC lär vara materialet att undvika.

Nej det kan inte påverka impedansen mellan försteg och slutsteg. Om fattar rätt så är det så nordost menar med "We can't change what takes place outside of the cable and I don't believe anybody expects us to." Men man kan aldrig veta.

Olika isoleringar påverkar olika, det har jag förstått. Trots allt fattar jag inte mycket

Go to Top of Page

matson
formerly known as...

1617 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/18 :  20:38:39  Show Profile Send matson a Private Message
Att kalldra teflonet görs för att undvika oxidation.
Rennaissance gör ju detta på sin dyrare serie också trots att dom kör med silver.

fråga 2 och 4 förstår jag inte och i 3an ställde väl Morello till det för sig med den där ståltråden....

Viktigare är väl att Nordostkablarna låter tunt och ljust(dom billigare avses så ni med Valhalla kan sätta er ner igen)!

Mvh/Mats
"The lack of imagination, as well as the lack of experience, is the road to mediocrity and stagnation
Go to Top of Page

markku
Vänta, jag har en mätning på det här...

934 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/18 :  23:37:40  Show Profile Send markku a Private Message
quote:

Viktigare är väl att Nordostkablarna låter tunt och ljust(dom billigare avses så ni med Valhalla kan sätta er ner igen)!

Mvh/Mats
"The lack of imagination, as well as the lack of experience, is the road to mediocrity and stagnation"

Precis så beskrev en erfaren blindlyssnare Nordost Black Knight: "Öppet och luftig ljud, men klarar inte kruddig och stram bass, inte heller diskanten låter så fint som dom bästa i testen." (endast mellomklassekabel, se förövrigt under Nyheterna).

mvh
Markku

< "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein >
Go to Top of Page

Galactron
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/19 :  12:14:33  Show Profile Send Galactron a Private Message
Hej!

Morello råkar vara hemma hos Galactron. Det är alltså INTE Herr Galactron som skriver det här.

quote:

Morello har mailat mig och sagt att det är Ok att lägga ut frågor och svar på forumet. Han är inte så imponerad av vissa svar har jag förstått.

Sladd: Nej, jag har inte mailat dig och sagt att det är ok. Det vet du. Jag har påpekat det per mail. Anmärkningsvärt att du inte rättar till det. Tar du bort det här är det klent.

I övrigt tycker jag den sällsynt insiktsfulla och kunskapsfyllda herr Nagref har förklarat på ett bra sätt.

Nordost:s svar är i det närmast skrattretande. Det är inte ofta någon lyckas röra ihop inte bara fysikaliska termer, utan även betydelsen av helt vanliga ord.

Läser man svaret är det uppenbart att Vino Garino inte kan se distinktionen mellan fart och fördröjning samt reflektion och tolerans. Brevet avslutas med en komplett felräkning med fel dimensioner. Precis som Nagref säger, han borde ha låtit en tekniker svara på frågorna.

mvh\Morello

Out of tim
Go to Top of Page

sladd

3028 Posts

Posted - 2002/08/19 :  13:51:11  Show Profile  Visit sladd's Homepage Send sladd a Private Message
Jag har mailat dig och frågat om det blivit några missförstånd huruvida jag tolkat dig rätt eller inte och erbjudit mig att ta bort hela tråden men detta har du avböjt.

Svaret skulle - vilket i och för sig var väntat - enbart tjäna till att förlöjliga andra (i vanlig ordning) och någon uttolkning var inte aktuell kan man misstänka. Ni har nu med eftertryck visat alla andra hur korkade man är på Nordost och hur OHYGGLIGT duktiga ni själva är. Grattis.

Något svar från Transparent här blir det nog inte vilket är synd om nu Jim Shannon engagerat sig i att svara på frågorna. Vi får dock se hur det avlöper.

Denna tråd är historia liksom Galactronics möjlighet att göra inlägg.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HiFiForum.nu © HiFiForum.nu except: Logos and Trademarks are property of their owners, Comments are property of their posters Go To Top Of Page
Denna sida genererades på 0.91 sekunder. Snitz Forums 2000