HiFiForum.nu
Home | Forums | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Links | Members | Articles | PM | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Private Messages
You must log in to check messages
 All Forums
 HiFiForum.nu - Specialintressen
 WiFi och flerkanalsHiFi
 Squeeze box VS High-end cd.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hinken74

1102 Posts

Posted - 2006/12/15 :  18:52:01  Show Profile Send Hinken74 a Private Message  Reply
Hur passa nära en riktig high-end cd tror ni klämlådan kan komma om man kör den med en extern dac och ev seperat strömförsöjning?

Nu jämför jag med typ Gondul M, Audio-Aero Capitole Ref samt övriga high-end spelare...

Mvh/Henrik
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mitt system:
Von Schveikert db99,
Audio aero capitole Prestige SACD SE
Octave V70 samt strömrenare från Agile

Edited by - Hinken74 on 2006/12/15 18:52:24

Martin.M
Semesterfirare

3556 Posts

Posted - 2006/12/15 :  19:27:01  Show Profile  Reply
För att citera Atkinson på stereophile

quote:
For the purposes of this short report, I auditioned the Squeezebox exclusively from its digital output feeding an outboard DAC. (I'll report on the quality of the SB's analog outputs, and provide a full set of measurements, in a future issue of Stereophile.) The Squeezebox performed superbly in this role. There was a cleanness to the sound that I didn't get from the Airport Express's digital output feeding the same D/A. Comparing the original CD on the Ayre C-5xe disc player, its digital output driving the Levinson DAC via a 1m DH Labs AES/EBU link, with SlimServer feeding an ALC-encoded file to the Squeezebox with its digital output feeding the Levinson via the AudioQuest OptiLink-5, I was hard-pressed to hear much of a difference. Perhaps there was an increased sense of authority to the sound of the CD on the Ayre used as a transport, a better sense of extended low frequencies—but when I'm not listening seriously, the difference is irrelevant. Even when I am listening seriously, I have to strain to hear that difference (as long as I'm not listening to lossy-compressed files).

Idiosyncrasies? The beginnings of some files were occasional

Han har alltså svårigheter att höra skillnader när han lyssnar öppet, tänk ett blindtest, inte en chans i helvetet att det går att skilja dom åt, möjligtvis till Squeezeboxens fördel då pga att den alltid matar ut en perfekt signal utan möjliga läsfel etc.

admin @ Minhembio.com & självutnämnd Squeezbox-expert

Edited by - Martin.M on 2006/12/15 19:27:32
Go to Top of Page

forken
semester på egen begäran

818 Posts

Posted - 2006/12/15 :  20:21:55  Show Profile Send forken a Private Message  Reply
Gissar att den kommer låta väldigt bra.

Edited by - forken on 2006/12/25 16:39:38
Go to Top of Page

Björn-Ola
Trädgårdsmästarn, 100.000-klubben

7949 Posts

Posted - 2006/12/17 :  12:00:41  Show Profile Send Björn-Ola a Private Message  Reply
Den fick väldigt bra kritik i High Fidelity som transport.
Själv har jag gjort en snabb jämförelse med Sony CDP X5000 som har ett gott rykte som transport och den som låtit bäst hitintills hemma hos mig.
Jag upplevde faktiskt mer kroppskänsla och tydlighet med SB men samtidigt lite väl markerade s-ljud.

"Innan man är riktigt säker är man ofta tvärsäker"

Edited by - Björn-Ola on 2006/12/17 12:01:12
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HiFiForum.nu © HiFiForum.nu except: Logos and Trademarks are property of their owners, Comments are property of their posters Go To Top Of Page
Denna sida genererades på 0.22 sekunder. Snitz Forums 2000