HiFiForum.nu
Home | Forums | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Links | Members | Articles | PM | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Private Messages
You must log in to check messages
 All Forums
 HiFiForum.nu - Mångfaldens forum
 Nyheter och HiFi-kalendern
 Otrolig test på B1 i soundstage
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

patrikcaesar

704 Posts

Posted - 2011/01/18 :  12:41:29  Show Profile Send patrikcaesar a Private Message

Conclusion

Vivid Audios B1 is an extraordinarily good loudspeaker that has midrange and high-frequency neutrality, transparency, and refinement that are second to none. In resolution and detail in those mid- and upper ranges, every other speaker I've heard comes in second to it. Listening with the B1 was like training a microscope on my records -- it was truly revelatory in that regard. This makes the B1 a reference-caliber monitoring tool and a great home loudspeaker.

The B1 isn't the only thing that impressed me about Vivid -- the company itself has. For a relatively new speaker company to make all the major parts used in its products is as extraordinary as the B1 itself. Vivid Audio is no bunch of "kit builders," but true loudspeaker makers who are creating something distinctive from the ground up. I also admire Vivid for producing something so visually interesting. Not everyone will like the B1's looks, but many will -- and I think most will agree that its appearance makes the speaker as unique as the parts it uses.

Obviously, these Vivid guys from England and South Africa comprise a bonafide high-end force, and their B1 is no fool's gold of a loudspeaker. I think it's well worth 15 grand -- there isn't a speaker costing less that I like more. The only fool would be the person who spends anywhere near $15,000 on something else without first listening to these. And you can consider me a fool for having overlooked Vivid Audio and the B1 for so long, based on mere assumptions. Now, finally, I hope I've set the record straight.

Generalimportör för HALCRO i Skandinavien
Återförsäljare av High end hifi.
Showroom i Skånes mitt.
Initiativtagare till Highendsociety.se

patrikcaesar@yahoo.com

0737 61 43 83

Edited by - patrikcaesar on 2011/01/18 13:06:05
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HiFiForum.nu © HiFiForum.nu except: Logos and Trademarks are property of their owners, Comments are property of their posters Go To Top Of Page
Denna sida genererades på 0.34 sekunder. Snitz Forums 2000