HiFiForum.nu
Home | Forums | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Links | Members | Articles | PM | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Private Messages
You must log in to check messages
 All Forums
 HiFiForum.nu - Mångfaldens forum
 Musik
 HDtracks Opens Hi-Res 96/24 Store
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ninja

2476 Posts

Posted - 2008/10/02 :  18:21:36  Show Profile Send ninja a Private Message
As of today, HDtracks is offering 96/24 digital music downloads. These files are available as FLAC files. The price will be $15.98 for a high-resolution album and $2.49 for a track.

HDtracks' first offerings are from some of the best audiophile labels in the world such as 2L, Chesky, Dorian, and Reference Recordings. Now audiophiles will be able to hear, for the first time ever in high-resolution, the brilliant work of legendary Reference Recordings team, Tam Henderson and Keith Johnson.

"When I first downloaded one of my own 96/24 albums and played it back on my home system, I was not prepared for what I heard. I have never heard any disc with this caliber of clarity, sound staging, and openness in the top end. The sound had none of the digital artifacts we all hate, so the sound was totally relaxed. These one-to-one HDtracks files sound exactly like the master recordings I am accustomed to hearing in the studio. Then I downloaded a Reference Recordings album and could not believe what I was hearing. After all these years, to hear a Keith Johnson and Tam Henderson recording in 96/24 - it blew me away! Hi-res files on hard drives are a major step forward in sound."
-David Chesky

HDtracks will also offer 96/24 recordings of legendary rock band, The Kinks, mastered by Grammy Award winning engineer, Alan Silverman. The Kinks files for HDTracks were sourced from high-resolution PCM transfers made off an Ampex ATR 102 reproduced under direct supervision by Ray Davies. The tape transport was hard-wired right into a Pacific Microsonics A/D converter #8211; the brainchild of audio grand wizard and HDtracks contributor, Keith O. Johnson, and one of the finest converters ever produced. Mastering was minimal with no additional conversions. "As I prepared the files for release on HDTracks," Silverman says, "I was struck by how big, full, and 'analog' they sounded in the best sense of the word. Kinks fans ENJOY!"

HDtracks tracks will be adding new artists in 96/24 every day.

20% OFF CODE: experience9624now
For Your First Hi-Res 96/24 Purchase
Good Until October 15th, 2008

http://www.hdtracks.com/index.php

Made in SFRJ!
First they came;
HD 60 fps

OcA

2184 Posts

Posted - 2008/10/02 :  18:37:17  Show Profile Send OcA a Private Message
Hur funkar dessa filer med en Squeezebox? Kan den peta ur sig 96/24 signal digitalt till en DAC, eller hur gör man?

/Glad amatör...

Dator -> Sony TA9000ES -> Mackie M1400x2 -> JBL! LS60 + dubbla tappade horn = konsert hemma!
Go to Top of Page

ninja

2476 Posts

Posted - 2008/10/02 :  18:56:01  Show Profile Send ninja a Private Message
Inga problem

Welcome to the HDtracks high resolution audiophile store. This section of our site offers high resolution audiophile FLAC downloads in 96 kHz/24 bit.

Made in SFRJ!
First they came;
HD 60 fps
Go to Top of Page

OcA

2184 Posts

Posted - 2008/10/02 :  19:10:52  Show Profile Send OcA a Private Message
Nice!

Man får hoppas på lite fler titlar också... Kanske ett par rock-plattor till? Annars verkar det vara mycket soul, jazz och storband - inte riktigt min grej, men det kan ju bli...

Dator -> Sony TA9000ES -> Mackie M1400x2 -> JBL! LS60 + dubbla tappade horn = konsert hemma!
Go to Top of Page

räven

3653 Posts

Posted - 2008/10/02 :  20:24:35  Show Profile  Visit räven's Homepage Send räven a Private Message
Men squeezeboxen kan väl inte avkoda 96/24 själv va?

ombud för Intelligent Sound
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HiFiForum.nu © HiFiForum.nu except: Logos and Trademarks are property of their owners, Comments are property of their posters Go To Top Of Page
Denna sida genererades på 0.28 sekunder. Snitz Forums 2000