HiFiForum.nu
Home | Forums | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Links | Members | Articles | PM | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Private Messages
You must log in to check messages
 All Forums
 HiFiForum.nu - Mångfaldens forum
 Musik
 artists-fight-for-new-hi-fi-formats
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Micke Y
100.000-klubben

7709 Posts

Posted - 2008/05/27 :  16:37:03  Show Profile Send Micke Y a Private Message
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/05/20/artists-fight-for-new-hi-fi-formats/

Micke

When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.
"Se inte ner på 3 ackord låtar, tänk hur många bra vi har gjort med bara 2" Billy Gibbons ZZ Top
Pälsar skall sitta på djur i skogen, inte på människor i stan.

Jacken
Starting Member

43 Posts

Posted - 2008/05/27 :  20:37:45  Show Profile  Visit Jacken's Homepage Send Jacken a Private Message
Skrämmande att läsa kommentarerna. Hela "Good enough" tänket är ju helt sjukt. Förmodligen samma snubbar som klagade på första bilarna. "Nä, varför ska man fram snabbare än en häst? En häst är bra nog"
Go to Top of Page

matte76
100.000-klubben

6570 Posts

Posted - 2008/05/27 :  20:40:14  Show Profile Send matte76 a Private Message
Detta var väldigt bra skrivet, jag håller med. CD är fullt tillräckligt bra, om det utnyttjas till 100 % vilket oftast inte görs idag:

quote:
To have better sound quality the over-use of dynamic range compression and EQ to make recordings that #8220;stands out#8221; has to stop. The mastering engineers must focus on best quality rather than maximum volume.

If higher resolution than CD-standard audio is needed for distribution to the consumer is very debated, and in my opinion highly doubtful. There needs to be more large, scientifically contucted, studies to show what the actual benefit will be of distributing high-rez recordings to the consumer. I know of only one study of this kind and it failed to show any difference of importance.

I have nothing against high-rez recordings, except for the higher bandwidth requirements, but we need to remember that most improvements lies in the hands of the sound engineers and not in using higher numbers on the recording we distribute.

- Blått ett lag - Malmö FF!
- Min anläggning: DH Labs Silversonic Power Plus (nätkablar) - Marantz SA-11S2 (CD/SACD) -> Xindak FA-1 XLR -> Marantz PM-11S1 -> Audioquest CV-8 (DBS, biwire) -> Canton Ergo 609 DC (Med Soundcare Superspikes)
- Alla MÅSTE se "En obekväm sanning" (An inconvenient truth)!
- Löjligt korta bilresor i Malmö - http://www.ingalojligabilresor.nu/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HiFiForum.nu © HiFiForum.nu except: Logos and Trademarks are property of their owners, Comments are property of their posters Go To Top Of Page
Denna sida genererades på 0.23 sekunder. Snitz Forums 2000