HiFiForum.nu
Home | Forums | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Links | Members | Articles | PM | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Private Messages
You must log in to check messages
 All Forums
 Köp, Sälj & Byt på Sveriges största 2-kanalforum!
 Säljes
 B&W Matrix 803 S2 referenshögtalare för bra pris
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Polarius T
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2007/07/17 :  22:31:13  Show Profile Send Polarius T a Private Message
(Apologies for the English!)

Offering for sale a pair of B&W (Bowers & Wilkins) Matrix 803 Series 2 medium-sized hi-end loudspeakers for 12 000 kronor or best offer. These are the most recent and advanced of the legendary Matrix models, preferred by many hi-fi enthusiasts over the later Nautilus series.

They should make a nice upgrade from the B&W 805, N804, 804S, and even the N803 models, to say nothing of the 700, the 600, and the CDM series. They will also serve wonderfully as rear units in a top-range B&W multichannel setup. The Matrix 803 S2 is a very neutral two-way reference-class speaker. It has a remarkably flat frequency response, no colorations, excellent dynamics, and a very nice high frequency and low frequency extension (the bass is remarkably detailed and tight, and I have used these as a main stereo pair without a sub). For further information click on http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/display.aspx?infid=773&pid=1815 .

As summed up by Peter Aczel of The Audio Critic, one of the more critically-minded and thorough reviewers out there, this is "a very well-designed, very accurate, one could say almost flawless, monitor-type loudspeaker... a contender for reference status... pretty much above criticism." The complete review is at http://www.theaudiocritic.com/back_issues/The_Audio_Critic_21_r.pdf .

For more details, see also Doug Schneider's nice report in SoundStage at http://www.soundstage.com/das_bw.htm , comparing the 803 Series 2 model to the recording studio favorite B&W Matrix 801 while considering it to be superior to the bigger B&W Matrix 802 units.

The speakers have been meticulously cared for in a pet-, smoke-, child-, and (up until now) spouse-free household and maintain their original sheen. There are a couple of tiny nicks on the side of one of the units that are not easily visible; on the whole, the speakers are basically near mint, almost like new. They come with upgraded spikes, a spare tweeter unit, original packaging, manuals, brochure, etc.

The model is rare on the market. The price when new was 3000 US dollars. I'm selling them due to a complete change in my hi-fi orientation and am willing to consider reasonable offers. Due to size and weight I would prefer a personal pickup. The speakers are in Göteborg.

Please also see my separate ad for Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval 8 and Silver Oval speaker cables as well as AP Oval One and van den Hul The First Ultimate interconnect cables.

Thanks for looking. Please email me if for photos or more information.

Polarius T

Edited by - Polarius T on 2007/07/18 18:48:30
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HiFiForum.nu © HiFiForum.nu except: Logos and Trademarks are property of their owners, Comments are property of their posters Go To Top Of Page
Denna sida genererades på 0.39 sekunder. Snitz Forums 2000