HiFiForum.nu
Home | Forums | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Links | Members | Articles | PM | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Private Messages
You must log in to check messages
 All Forums
 Köp, Sälj & Byt på Sveriges största 2-kanalforum!
 Säljes
 Berömda Analysis Plus referenskablar för bra pris
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Polarius T
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2007/07/12 :  22:59:23  Show Profile Send Polarius T a Private Message
A rare opportunity to purchase:

• Three-meter (10 ft.) stereo pair of Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval 8 loudspeaker cables, with highest-quality factory-installed locking WBT bananas (model 644) on amp end and high-quality gold-plated AP T1 spades (machined from one block) on speaker end;

• Three-meter (10 ft.) stereo pair of Analysis Plus Silver Oval loudspeaker cables, with high-quality gold-plated AP T1 spades (machined from one block) on both ends;

• 210-centimeter stereo pair of Analysis Plus Oval One interconnect cables with solderless RCA connectors;

• 60-centimeter stereo pair of van den Hul The First Ultimate interconnect cables with vdH's own high-quality RCA connectors.*SÅLD*

I have used the cables in a pet-, smoke-, (vacuum cleaner-wielding) spouse-, and child-free household. The spades of the AP Oval 8s and the AP Silver Ovals show normal signs of use (marks from terminal locking mechanism). The AP Oval One is like new, used just for a couple of days, and has all the original packaging. The vdH First Ultimate has some smearing of the lettering printed on the jacket, typical of the Hulliflex material. The vdH First Ultimate, extraordinarily in the world of audio, is in itself non-aging, thanks to the materials and techniques used in its construction.

I am only selling these cables as I recently switched over to active monitor speakers that require balanced interconnects (and need no speaker cords).

I have very successfully used the Analysis Plus Oval 8s and Silver Ovals in a shotgun biwire configuration (Silver Ovals for HF, Oval 8s with their remarkable bass extension for LF), and the AP Oval One as a subwoofer cable. The termination of these cables is very favorable for this use (can be conveniently and with no sonic compromise attached to just 2 x 1 cable posts on the amp end). As you probably already know, these are reference-quality speaker cables original-designed and manufactured (not just repackaged, as is becoming the standard...) by a premier U.S. precision electrical-engineering company originally known for its work in advanced application contexts such as for NASA. Analysis Plus means no gimmicks, snake oil, prestige parts, vanity designs, or anything else that's not exclusively based on pure science and ingenious American engineering skills. In a word, they are highest-quality audio cables for a price that's extremely reasonable and immune to fashion and passing fad; what you get is 100% top quality and 0% nonsense. The Oval 8 and Silver Oval speaker cables frequently feature in the reference systems of audio and music reviewers for the more critical American, Asian, and European press and are used in recording and broadcasting studios the world over. I have yet to hear cables that in any way audibly improve over them, and for this money there certainly aren't any such candidates available. I originally chose these cables for myself over comparably priced products from Acoustic Zen, Audience, Harmonic Tech, Kimber, Purist Audio (which I consider pure voodoo), and Synergistic Research.

More information on these cable models and the AP engineering science (esp. hollow oval design) & philosophy is available at http://www.analysis-plus.com/prod_main.html . You can find reviews at, e.g., http://www.stereotimes.com archives and at http://www.soundstage.com (for example http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/analysisplus_solocrystal_cables.htm), though you probably already know the reputation of these cables, only rarely appearing on the European second-hand markets.

Van den Hul The First Ultimate all-carbon reference interconnect cable hardly needs any introduction, having won just about every available award and mention from the British and East Asian audio press pretty much each year ever since its introduction. For many years this cable served (and may still serve, I am not sure of his current system) as the reference for Martin Colloms, perhaps the most respected of all hi-end audio critics out there. In many systems, it will indeed be the "final ultimate" that ends the search for better cable sound, excelling as it does especially with soundstage, detail, and sweet top-end. More information and reviews (incl. some by Colloms) are available at the vdH website at http://www.vandenhul.com/cable/frst-u.htm .

I am willing to consider any reasonable offers for these cables. However, when figuring out your offer, please keep in mind that the manufacturer's suggested retail prices for these particular lengths are as follows:

- AP Oval 8: $1968 plus the special-order WBT-644 locking bananas;
- AP Silver Oval: $796;
- AP Oval One: $130;
- vdH The First Ultimate: 245 euros.

(Again, these are NOT the prices I am asking but instead the prices for these cables & lengths if purchased new.)

To what I know, European retailers of the AP cables normally add up to 35% on top of these MfSR prices as the importer's/retailer's fee, so this could be your chance of a lifetime to become an Analysis Plus user. The vdH First Ultimate is more common on the second-hand market and so I expect to sell it for an even more favorable price.

Please write me for photos (can email photos after 16 July) or further details. The cables are in Göteborg, and if local pickup is not an option, buyer pays all shipping and insurance charges.

Thanks for looking!

Polarius

Edited by - Polarius T on 2007/07/23 09:40:28
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HiFiForum.nu © HiFiForum.nu except: Logos and Trademarks are property of their owners, Comments are property of their posters Go To Top Of Page
Denna sida genererades på 0.48 sekunder. Snitz Forums 2000