HiFiForum.nu
Home | Forums | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Links | Members | Articles | PM | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Private Messages
You must log in to check messages
 All Forums
 Köp, Sälj & Byt på Sveriges största 2-kanalforum!
 Säljes
 Sutherland Ph.D. High-end Riaa *SÅLD*
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nin
Semesterfirare

2425 Posts

Posted - 2007/05/21 :  16:24:54  Show Profile Send nin a Private Message
Jag säljer min underbara Sutherland riaa för den passar inte in i min framtida uppställning tyvärr
En helt underbar design som drivs med batterier istället för nätström, för det ska ge renare ström enligt Sutherland. Och den är väldigt väldigt tyst av sig, men saknar inte dynamik när det behövs.

Lite vad folk säger om denna:
"#8230;This is a 'big'-sounding phono stage, and it was clearly fine-tuned by listeners who value three-dimensionality#8230;The Ph.D.'s actual speed when handling transients perfectly complemented Stevie Ray's more intense moments, and it will confound those who fail to appreciate that dragging a chunk of mineral over plastic ripples can yield such solid notes#8230;the two Sutherland pieces are eminently satisfying, and yet so deliciously quirky (without stinking of hand-built, catastrophe-in-waiting, audiophile shoddiness) that I can't see any vinyl lovers resisting their utter adjustability and lack of coloration." #8211; Ken Kessler, Hi-Fi News, April 2006, www.hifinews.co.uk

"My first encounter with Sutherland electronics came when I reviewed their outstanding Ph.D. battery powered phono pre-amp...Having hugely enjoyed the results produced by Sutherland's Ph.D. phono pre-amp, I was hoping and expecting The Director to offer more of the same. I wasn't disappointed. There's a similar kind of openness, the same sort of easy natural clarity...Speaking personally, I found this very much the case with the Ph.D. - it was only when going back to other phono-stages that I realised (again) just how different and special it was." - Jimmy Hughes, Hi-Fi+, Issue 40

" ...something that every analog lover should hear for him - or herself...Highly recommended." - Brian Damkroger, Stereophile, May 2005

"The Whest might not bowl you over when you first hear it. Unlike the Sutherland PhD ($3000), for instance, which immediately startles thanks to its exceptional liquidity, purity, and background quiet, the Whest's greatest strength is its overall balance...The PhD on the other hand, noticeably trades some dynamic slam, and especially transient speed and detail, to achieve its mesmerizing flow. That's a tradeoff many happy PhD owners have been willing to make. You needn't switch out phono preamps to notice what the PhD does exceedingly well..." - Michael Fremer, Stereophile, June 2005

"The PhD is a wonderful unit and a great bargain...Its personality, not surprisingly, is very similar to that of Ron Sutherland's earlier, cost-no-object designs, but, as MF noted, at 'a stiff but still minor-league price.' The PhD does many things very well, and its purity and freedom from electronic haze is quite special #8211; something that every analog lover should hear for him #8211; or herself. It's on my short list. Highly recommended." #8212; Brian Damkroger, Stereophile, May 2005

"I did prefer overall the PhD as it was more refined and simply there when listening to our LPs. That is the Sutherland was quieter and offered less colorations or artifacts within the sonic tapestry as compared to the AC fueled PL-1#8230;the PhD has more of what we want in our music than the PL-1." #8211; Dave Clark, Positive Feedback Online, Issue 23

"I have my Sutherland Ph.D. in my mastering room. When I audition LP test pressings I need the most accurate reproduction possible. Since I have the actual master tape right beside me, I need to hear exactly what is on my mastered LP and the Sutherland does that for me. Also the absence of hum or noise from my record playback is quite a joy after years of trying to ignore it. The battery powered Sutherland phono pre is so quiet I don't even know it's on. That is so important in my work. Record playback is now a treat!" - Mastering Engineer Steve Hoffman

Den är i nyskick (haft den i 1,5 år ca) och kostar 3000$ i USA. Manual och boxen finns kvar. Jag hade tänkt mig 13 000 kr eller bvsa. Hör av er om ni har frågor eller är intresserade.

Ph.D. SPECIFICATIONS

Gain Settings:

45 dB

50 dB

55 dB

60 dB

Cartridge Loading:

100 ohms

200 ohms

1 k ohms

47 k ohms

Noise:

Less than 150 uV

'A' weighted

47k ohm

50 dB gain

Less than 400 uV

'A' weighted

200 ohm

60 dB

THD + noise Less than 0.02%, 'A' weighted

Indicators:

Green Power On

Red Low Batteries

Yellow Signal Monitor

Power Requirements: 16 Alkaline 'D' cells

Battery Life: greater than 800 hours (actual listening time)

Dimensions: 17" wide x 4 ½" high x 14" deep

Approx. Weight: 37lbs.

Edited by - nin on 2007/06/09 16:47:35

nin
Semesterfirare

2425 Posts

Posted - 2007/06/04 :  01:55:51  Show Profile Send nin a Private Message
Prissänkt sommarpris. 10 000 kr POK! Bättre deal än detta kan man inte få
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HiFiForum.nu © HiFiForum.nu except: Logos and Trademarks are property of their owners, Comments are property of their posters Go To Top Of Page
Denna sida genererades på 0.5 sekunder. Snitz Forums 2000