HiFiForum.nu
Home | Forums | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Links | Members | Articles | PM | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Private Messages
You must log in to check messages
 All Forums
 HiFiForum.nu - Mångfaldens forum
 HiFi-diskussion
 Ang meridian 861 på engelska ,tyvärr
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Carlos

240 Posts

Posted - 2006/04/09 :  20:34:58  Show Profile Send Carlos a Private Message
But the quality of the prossesor regarding dd and dts istn changeged thru the 1 2 3 4 ?

Its a verry important question for me since i am not going to use the 800 and be able to take advatage of dvd audio.

And another question, ive seen pages http://www.meridian-audio.com/p_861.htm in the meridian homepage that talks abot a 2,5 , what that all about ?

tommypeters
Medlem i AÖ

1020 Posts

Posted - 2006/04/09 :  20:57:30  Show Profile Send tommypeters a Private Message
(Take this with a small grain of salt)

Meridian does the processing in software, so in theory the quality should be the same. However, since they have changed processor boards they may not still update FW for all four major versions (major is first number, 1/2/3/4). So an older version may be stuck with an older version of the algorithms, as the new sazzy configuration program only works on version 4.2 and up. The second number is a minor version, usually no big hardware changes. So the 861 can be version 2.5, 4.2...

They are pretty bad at updating their web site, so version 2.5 was probably the current version when they designed that web page. Then they added "In the latest Version 3 we have also added high resolution multichannel digital and analogue input options." with a link to version 3: http://www.meridian-audio.com/p_800_861V3.htm - a page for version 4 may come any year.

Meridian G98DH/G68ADV/DSP5000C/D1500/DSP33
BC Acoustique ACT A3
NuForce Ref8.200W
Velodyne DD-15 & DD-12
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HiFiForum.nu © HiFiForum.nu except: Logos and Trademarks are property of their owners, Comments are property of their posters Go To Top Of Page
Denna sida genererades på 0.52 sekunder. Snitz Forums 2000