HiFiForum.nu
Home | Forums | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Links | Members | Articles | PM | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Private Messages
You must log in to check messages
 All Forums
 HiFiForum.nu - Mångfaldens forum
 Musik
 fantomas, Tomahawk etc
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jatttelite

520 Posts

Posted - 2003/04/24 :  18:30:42  Show Profile Send jatttelite a Private Message
Saxat ur Ipecac:s nyhetsbrev
Med ev. ädringar av färg och storlek av mig

Here is what is coming up:
April: Pink Anvil "Halloween Party"
May: Tomahawk "Mit Gas"
June: Curse of the Golden Vampire "Mass Destruction"
July: Mondo Generator "A Drug Problem That Never Existed"
Queens of the Stone Age "Songs For the Deaf" vinyl
August: Desert Sessions "9 & 10"
September: Fantômas "Shaq Owns You"

Unlike other super groups such as Audioslave, Tomahawk doesn't have any really famous people, but at least the music is good. This is indeed a golden age, when sirens of this quality are allowed to whisper into our ears without any risk of crashing souls against the jagged rocks of mediocrity that surround us. And it's way better than their first CD that came out a year or two ago.

So go forth, like a pink little alley pig, and let the bells peal, the crowds cheer, the dj's spin! Clear the Billboard charts.......a miracle has been bestowed upon us!!!! It is called:

MIT GAS

jatttelite

520 Posts

Posted - 2003/05/13 :  18:22:34  Show Profile Send jatttelite a Private Message
Och nu har alltså Tomahawk kommit, oj vad kul! (men det skiter väl ni i?)

men att detta album släpps i juli kanske är kul: Queens of the Stone Age "Songs For the Deaf" vinyl
Go to Top of Page

Magnuz

1572 Posts

Posted - 2003/05/15 :  08:32:20  Show Profile Send Magnuz a Private Message
Vad ÄR Tomahawk? Jag menar, vilka är medlemmarna?
Go to Top of Page

kungpingvin

406 Posts

Posted - 2003/05/15 :  11:52:16  Show Profile Send kungpingvin a Private Message
Fantomas har jag personligen lite svårt för, och jag lovar att det bara inte är jag i hela världen som har det

/Jonas
Go to Top of Page

kungpingvin

406 Posts

Posted - 2003/05/15 :  11:57:05  Show Profile Send kungpingvin a Private Message
Jag kollade på allmusic.com efter tomahawk. Det där nyhetsbrevet skulle man tydligen ta med en nypa salt; "Tomahawk doesn't have any really famous people..."

Jag klistrar in biografin från allmusic.com

Mike Patton must laugh at rock bands that take extended periods between albums and complain of time restraints. Since the dissolution of Faith No More in 1998, Patton has worked like a man possessed — unleashing a steady stream of releases by the numerous groups he fronts — among them Mr. Bungle, Fantomas, and Tomahawk (not to mention that he founded his own label, Ipecac). Joining Mr. Patton in Tomahawk is a star-studded cast that includes former Jesus Lizard/Hank Williams III guitarist Duane Denison, former Mark of Cain/Helmet drummer John Stanier, and Melvins bassist Kevin Rutmanis, which proves to be quite similar musically to FNM's latter-day output (circa Angel Dust, King for a Day, and Album of the Year). October of 2001 saw the release of Tomahawk's self-titled debut on Ipecac (produced by Joe "Jerry" Reed, Emmylou Harris, the Judds' Funderburk), and followed with a supporting tour. — Greg Prato

/Jonas - som ska kolla upp tomahawk
Go to Top of Page

jatttelite

520 Posts

Posted - 2003/05/16 :  18:38:51  Show Profile Send jatttelite a Private Message
Kungpingvin, man skall ta alla nyhetsbrev som Ipecac släpper med HUMOR (en nypa salt är något annat). Fantomas är lite svår musik men den växer! Synd dock att Mr. Bungle slutade de var ju (enligt mig) grymt bra, såg dom i Stockolm för några år sedan.
Tomahawk är lysande, kul att du skall kolla upp dem!
Go to Top of Page

kungpingvin

406 Posts

Posted - 2003/05/17 :  01:00:28  Show Profile Send kungpingvin a Private Message
Min nypa salt var ironisk, vilket alltså ger att jag använde nypan i ett vidare humorisitiskt perspektiv. Fast det är klart, det ju inte rätt i begreppets puristiska betydelse

Mr. Bungle tyckte jag för övrigt inte heller var bra

Helt klart är det kul med den experimentella ickekommersialistiska approachen till musiken dock. Det behövs lite sådant för att skrämma liv i systemet...

Jag hade alltså ingen aning om att skivbolaget var Pattons eget

/Jonas

edit: skivbolaget

Edited by - kungpingvin on 2003/05/17 01:01:30
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HiFiForum.nu © HiFiForum.nu except: Logos and Trademarks are property of their owners, Comments are property of their posters Go To Top Of Page
Denna sida genererades på 0.61 sekunder. Snitz Forums 2000