Previously Featured Builds

build

Bojan

Bojan

here are some pics for gallery if they suit..... Zen 1 is my first amp project at all, Zen 4… More...
build

W. Sankey

W. Sankey

The first thing I want to do is thank Nelson Pass and the rest of the crew at Pass Labs… More...

The Amazing FET Circlotron Construction, Continued — Michael Rothacher / 2008

A lot of would-be audio projects die on the vine, even when printed circuit boards and components are readily available. The planning, layout, and construction of the chassis metalwork are sometimes the barrier. Perhaps, this is why complete kits are often the first choice of beginners. To get you building, I’m including some additional information, a few instructions, pictures, and a parts list. Wherever possible, I’ve tried to select suppliers who have online stores so you can just “click” your way to a complete kit of parts. The Chassis To simplify construction of the FET Circlotron we’re going to go… More...

Speaker Cables — Nelson Pass / 1980

AUDIOPHILES RECENTLY BEGAN re-examining the performance of every link in the audio playback chain, and before long their attention turned to the lowly loudspeaker cable. In response to demand, a number of companies are producing or distributing new and exotic cables claimed to improve audio power transmission from amplifier to speaker. Pointing to lower resistance and inductance, proponents of the newer cables insist they sound significantly better ("better than an expander!"); however, the subject is controversial, and some hi-fi notables claim performance increase is negligible and the higher capacitance of some new cables can cause amplifier instability and damage.1-4 Neither… More...

Copyright © 2016 Pass Laboratories, Inc. All rights reserved

Telephone: 530.878.5350